Jealousy

The Letter

Jonathan,

She used to pretend you cared about her, you know. Did you ever stop to think, even once, about what you were doing? I saw you. I saw you in the backseat of your green Buick with someone else. Did you ever stop to think?

She was the most beautiful girl in the world, to me. You pushed her away...

You are such a selfish bastard. You completely destroyed such a perfect being for your own desires. All you wanted from the other girls was sex, but you loved her. I could see it in the way you looked at her that you loved her. I remember, you called me and cried every time you cheated on her. It made you feel worthless and it drove you mad. Why did you do it?

I don't think you knew that I loved her, too. I wanted her with every fiber of my being and it broke my heart to see you hurt her. I would have treated her better. I could have saved her.

There's nothing anyone can do now. She's crumbling from what you've done to her. The least you could have done is not keep coming back. She's empty now, but she still loves you. Do you know that?

And you never stop to think about her quiet stares, her vacant smile. You tell me you're worried about her, but you don't know why. You don't see her like I do. Her timid laugh, her guarded figure. You don't understand her and you don't understand yourself. She would do anything to make you happy.

Regardless of what you've put her through; all of the lonely nights she suffered, knowing you were with someone else, she feels distraught when you're not smiling. While she's staring with eyes once so full of life wondering what she did wrong, she's also wondering what she can do to make you happy. It upsets her when another girl leaves you and hurts you. You disgust me.

You have a putrid and terrible mind. All you can think about is the next girl, the next fun night. Is getting off really all you care about? You lied to her. You told her you cared, and that you would never hurt on her. And even when you did, she forgave you. When she started talking to other people, you told her you wished she had a good heart. The audacity you have completely appalls me.

I just wanted to hold her. In the beginning, I let you have her instead of taking her myself because you promised me you'd take care of her. I introduced you to her, told you all about her, recounted stories of days I spent with her. She had such a pure soul.

She never loved me. She never loved anyone but you, for that matter. She's still sticking around, supporting you and your repulsive habits. Still adoring you. She's looking for someone to heal her heart though.

The sickest part is that I can't help her because you love her. Even though you're tearing her apart, she's the only thing keeping you together. She is the reason you wake up in the morning, and I can't take that from you. We've been best friends since we were little boys, and I just can't do that to you.

She and I are both hurting ourselves for your happiness, but still you are never happy.

It tortures me.

- Caleb
♠ ♠ ♠
This was for a contest, kthxbai. (: