Status: In progress.

Secrets

x002.

Joseph found himself in the middle of a game of 20 questions, sitting under a tree and a full moon shining over head. Ashley had a beautiful smile - one he continuously got onto her face. He cracked the corniest of jokes and she still laughed. "So, uh, what made you turn gay?" She asked, question 18.

"Oh." He blushed. He had forgotten all about that. "Uh, there was this guy. And, uh, I felt...something...with him, you know?" She smiled, nodding.

"That's how it was with me and Adam." She dazed out for a moment. "What was his name?"

"Huh?" He blinked. "Oh, uhm....Jason?" He said, it sounding more like a question.

"Jason and Joe. Joe and Jason." She grinned. "Cute! You're still with him, right?"

"Mhm." He mumbled.

"Cuter!" He laughed. "Your turn."

"Well." He paused. "Are you a virgin?" She blushed.

"No."

"How many times...?" He waved his hand, not finishing his statement.

"That's 2 questions." She smirked. "I don't have to answer that." He pouted.

"Well, fine. Ask away."

"Hm." She stroked her chin, mock thinking, making him roll his eyes. "Any siblings?"

"Yeah. Three brothers." She rose an eyebrow.

"Full house."

"Oh yeah." He chuckled. "It's my older brother, Kevin, and my younger brothers, Nick and Frankie. Kevin's 23, Nick's 18 and Frankie's 9."

"My sisters are 18 and 8." She said, flashing a smile.

"Ironic. You're the oldest?"

"Yup. Are your parents still together?"

"Yeah." He smiled. "Are yours?"

"No." She answered sadly. "My birth mother died when I was young." She said quietly, fumbling with her hands. He wrapped an arm around her shoulders. She looked up at him, eyes filled with tears. She buried her head in his shoulder, sighing in content. He smiled to himself, closing his eyes.

****

"Ugh." Joe sat up. "Where am I?"

"My apartment." He jumped, turning.

"Ashley?"

"Mhm." She smiled, handing him a cup. It was coffee.

"Thanks." He took a few sips. "How'd I get here?"

"We fell asleep. I woke up around 4 and called Adam. He brought us here." Joe nodded, drinking his coffee in silence. He looked around. "I know it's not much." She said. "But it's home."

"I like it." He smiled at her. She blushed, shrugging. "I still live with my brother." He laughed, looking at his lap.

"I need a room mate." She blurted out, then pursed her lips. He looked at her, eyes wide.

"I don't think your boyfriend would like that." She waved her hand, dismissing the thought.

"He knows you're gay, Joe." She said. "And it's not up to him."

"Well." He set the cup on the small table beside the couch he had apparently slept on. "I don't see why not."

"Really?" She squealed. "Oh, this is gonna be so fun!" She clapped excitedly. He smiled, standing.

"Lemme call my brother and tell him the news."

"Okay." She grinned. "Ah, I gotta clean out that second bedroom. All my junk is in there." She ran off, down a hall and disappeared into a room. Joe sighed as he dialed the number into his phone.

"Kevin will love this."