Status: FInished

We know a little about a lot of things; just enough to make us dangerous.

Work and a Comfy Spot

I awake in the morning to two faces mere inches from mine causing me to scream before falling backwards over the couch in my pathetic attempts to get away from whoever was staring at me.

“Calm down; we were simply making sure that you were still alive,” Meagen explains as Jared laughs at me.

“I’m alive and have now aged three years thanks to you. What time is it? I have to be at work by three,” I explain stretching looking down at my deathbat tattoo.

“It’s only one you still have plenty of time to get ready,” Jared assures me.

“Shouldn’t you two be at work?” I ask sipping a cup of coffee Meagen just brought me from the kitchen.

“Nope we have the day off,” Meagen says beaming slightly skipping about.

“Must be nice; well, I’m going to shower so later,” I say downing my coffee and grabbing a banana I practically inhale on my way up the stairs. I hop in the shower and take a rather long one thinking about what I’ll wear to my first day of work. After nearly pruning up I climb out of the shower and wrap my body and hair in a towel. Once I’ve dried off and have on matching boy shorts and a sports bra I take my hair down and quickly comb though it before throwing it up in a bun and slip a wife beater on followed by my Care Bear scrub top with pink pants. Quickly looking at the clock I realize it’s barely two and sigh to myself as I quickly place retainers in all the appropriate piercings and make my way downstairs where I quickly through a dinner together .

“Aw! Don’t you just look super cute with your little scrubs and lunch box,” Meagen says laughing.

“Bite me. I’m off to work to shadow someone. I’ll be back around twelve,” I say rolling my eyes before grabbing the keys to my newly arrived car and going to work.

“You must be Christina,” a girl a few inches taller than me slightly big framed with brunette hair, porcelain skin and blue eyes behind thick rimmed glasses says as I walk in.

“Yep, that’s me. And you are?” I ask extending my hand smiling.

“Mary. I’m the RN you’ll be shadowing tonight. It shouldn’t be too bad,” she says smiling taking my hand.

“I’m really excited. I haven’t been in a psyc ward since my clinical days,” I say with a slight laugh.

“Well, you should get a good taste for it tonight,” she says smiling as we meet with another nurse to get report.

“Holy shit has it really already been eight hours?” I ask as the nurse for the next shift walks up to the station.

“I told you they would fly by when you’re with me. I just can’t stand to sit around on my ass because it makes the night go on so much slower,” Mary says getting the log sheet ready for
report.

“Well, it was amazing working with you. I hope I get you tomorrow too,” I say with slight laugh lighting up a cig as Mary and I walk towards our cars.

“Same back at you. And who knows maybe you will. See ya kid,” Mary says climbing into her Toyota.

“Bye,” I call as I crawl into my car and start my journey back to the house. After turning around three times and giving up on knowing where I’m at I finally decided to give Meagen a call.

“Where the fuck are you?” Meagan’s voice chimes over the phone.

“Lost,” I more ask than say.

“Sweet Jesus. Where are you?” Meagen asks sighing heavily.

“On the corner of Waldsworth and Fifth,” I tell her after quickly looking up at the sign on the corner across from the parking lot I’m sitting in.

“You’re closer to Jensen’s place and that’s where we’re at so just head over here,” Meagen says before quickly throwing directions at me.

Thirty minutes later I walk up to a house and pray this time I’m at the right one since that wasn’t my luck last time. “Well, here goes nothing,” I whisper before knocking on the door.

A few seconds later the door opens and I see those beautiful green eyes, “I was starting to get a little worried you’d lost yourself again,” Jensen says with that amazing smile of his.

“Nope. I just am directionally challenged for a bit in new places,” I say playing with my lip ring which I put back in right after getting into my car.

“Well, come on in. Meagen and Jared are inside; we’re just watching some movies,” Jensen explains moving aside.

“Thanks,” I say smiling as I walk inside. “Um, I have a kinda random question,” I say spinning around biting my lip.

“That being?” Jensen asks looking down at me.

“Would it be ok if I hopped in the shower? I feel really gross,” I say as I continue to bite my lip.

“Yeah, no problem. Would you want… something else to change into?” Jensen asks looking down at my scrubs.

“That would be amazing,” I sigh.

“What would be amazing?” Meagen asks as we walk into the living room.

“Getting clean clothes and a shower,” I explain.

“I don’t blame you. You look disgusting,” Meagen says scrunching up her nose.

“Follow me,” Jensen says with a slight laugh. “So here’s the bathroom, there’s towels there
and I’ll be back in just a sec with some clothes.”

“Ok thanks,” I say smiling as I walk into the bathroom and turn the hot water on taking my scrub top and wife beater off.

“Nice tattoos,” Jensen says behind me making me jump and hit my head on the shower door. “Sorry. These will be a bit big but should do OK,” he says handing me a black shirt and
a pair of pajama pants.

“It’s all good. And thanks. I’ll be out in a few, I shower really fast,” I say with a smile as I take the clothes and gently close the door before undressing the rest of the way and hopping in the shower. Once I was finished I get out and dry my hair as best as I can and throw it back up in the clip and throw my bra and boy shorts back on before grabbing the shirt Jensen brought me. “It smells so good,” I whisper to myself before slipping it over my head and quickly stepping into the pajama pants before wandering into the living room. “So what we doing?” I ask sitting down on a love seat.

“Drinking beer and watching horror movies,” Jared explains with a boyish smile.

“You want one?” Jensen asks popping his head around the corner.

“Please,” I say with a smile watching him disappear.

“You totally like him,” Meagen quickly whispers before Jensen comes back in the room.

“Bite me,” I quickly mouth to her before Jensen hands me a Blue Moon. “Excellent choice,” I say smiling as I quickly open the bottle and take a swig.

“Thanks. So Friday the 13th Part 2 next sound good?” Jensen asks looking around the room as we all nod he pops the DVD in and walks over to the loveseat and sits beside me making me smile to myself.

“You want a blanket? I usually wrap up in one while I watch movies,” Jensen says smiling at me.

“Sure. But I warn you now I may fall asleep,” I say laughing.

“Not a problem,” he says before grabbing a blanket of the back of the loveseat wrapping me and him in it.

“Thanks,” I say smiling and almost swearing he moved closer to me. As the night wore on and more and more old horror movies were watch I slowly get more and more tired and ended up curling up next to Jensen using him as a pillow and slowly falling asleep.