My Heart Is Yours

Image

Peeking around the corner at the building full of friends, relatives, and even some people I haven’t met yet causes my heart rate to elevate a bit. My gaze fall upon a familiar face and any worry I previously had melts away. The man standing at the end of the aisle chatting nonchalantly with his friends glances my way and stops what looks like midsentence. His jaw hanging slack for a brief moment, the man smiles. The familiar feeling of blushing creeps across my face as I retreat behind the corner shielding me from the crowd.

“You look so beautiful,” my father says, tears already threatening to fall at any given second. He offers his arm to me and I link mine into his, taking a deep breath. “Are you ready kiddo?” I nod and the wedding party is set into motion, beginning with Christina and Patrick, then Isabelle and Tae, and ending with Lindsi and Mike. The pianist plays the well known tune as my father and I step into the center of the aisle, my eyes fixed on the smiling man at the end of the pathway.

“I now pronounce you man and wife; you may now kiss the bride.”

Let’s back up a few years before we get into this, explain exactly how Mr. and Mrs. Joshua Porter came to be.