My Heart Is Yours

Showers are awesome.

Today is the day we are leaving for the eight week tour. To say I was a little nervous would be like saying the Grand Canyon is “kinda big.” I wasn’t worried about spending so much time around Josh and the guys, hell I was really excited about that. I was nervous about the fans and their reaction to Christina and my existence. Oh and the jealously factor. Because of the limited space in the trailer we had to be cautious as to how much excess baggage we brought. Roughly two weeks worth of clothes had fit nicely in the backpack I had dedicated to that cause. In the other bag I was allowed to bring I had my laptop, MP3 player, sketch book, camera, and as many books as would fit in the remaining space. This trip would definitely be interesting, I mean how could cramming eight people who probably all have ADD in a van and driving around the country be boring?

“No more bottles of beer on the wall, no more bottles of beer. Go to the store and buy some more, 99 bottles of beer on the wall.” The van becomes quiet for the first time since we left six hours prior. I glance around at the other occupants of the van wondering who’s going to come up with the next obnoxious activity to pass the time.

“I spy with my little eye something…purple,” Christina says while glancing around the van. Everyone looks around and ramble off random objects, each getting denied.

“Is it the haze around Josh’s cute little mummy tattoo?” I ask, peering the plethora of ink on Josh’s unsleeved arm.

“Hot diggety damn, you got it right,” Christina says with a giggle. “It’s so cute! Why’d you get that anyways?”

“I wanted that space of my arm covered,” Josh says with a shrug, “and the chicks dig it.”

“This chick digs it for sure,” I place a light kiss on his cheek, “and this chick is also itching for some new ink.”

“It’s settled then, we’ll get some ink,” Patrick says in a matter-of-fact tone.

------------------------------------------------------------

“Hey there girlie, haven’t seen you in a long while,” Chris says with a smile.

“Yeah we’ve got the whole ‘broke college kid’ thing going on so yeah. But I’ve brought some good friends of mine and we’d all like some new decorations.”

“Sounds perfect darlin’, who’s first?”

“I do believe I am. I want Scorpio on my right shoulder blade,” I say with a smile.

“Anything you want pretty lady.” Josh reaches over and places his hand in mine, stepping in closer to me. I let a light giggle escape my lips at the jealousy.

“It’s alright babe, it’s just how Chris is. Christina and I come here for all our work.” Josh gives me a skeptical look but seems to calm down. Chris comes over with a stencil of my future tattoo.

“Well whatcha waitin’ for? I can’t put this on through clothes.” I take my t-shirt off so I’m left in a tank top. “Aww man.” Chris winks before disappearing behind me to place the stencil.

-------------------------------------------------

“I’m so glad we have a hotel room tonight,” Josh says as he limps towards our room. He had gotten Calvin and Hobbes tattooed on top of his feet. “the last thing I want to do is curl up next to a bunch of stinky guys.”

“Well what do you expect to happen when it’s 100+ degrees out and the A/C breaks? We aren’t exactly gonna smell like roses.” Ivory says in a ‘duh’ tone.

“My girl does, but that’s because girls have secret powers that make them smell good all the time, everybody knows that,” Josh says while pulling me into him.

“I love you and all babe, but you don’t get to be all cuddly with me until you shower,” I shrug out from under his arm and peck his cheek. He sticks his tongue out at me and opens the door to our room.

“So…our first night alone.” Josh tosses our bags on the floor next to the bed and sighs. “Nervous?” I shake my head no and smile. We had already discussed the uh, limitations, of our relationship and had agreed to wait until marriage, if it were to happen, to have sex. “Good. I’m gonna take a quick shower.” He kisses my forehead before disappearing into the small bathroom. I sigh contently and pull out my laptop to work on some homework.

The sound of the shower ceasing pulls my attention away from the short essay I had been writing. The door swings open and Josh emerges with a white towel wrapped around his waist and nothing more. “Showers are awesome,” Josh says as he digs through his bag for a pair of boxers, “I mean whoever invented them is a very brilliant being.” I laugh and agree. He disappears into the bathroom and returns wearing the boxers.

“Mind if I shower in the morning? It helps me wake up,” Josh snuggles up beside me and yawns.

“You’re fine babe, let’s get some sleep.” I change into a pair of shorts and a tank top and climb into bed. Everything feels so perfect, what can go wrong?