Status: In progress

Stitchy the Rag-doll

Barbies

Mr Hat was now at home, on his childs bed.

she had come home briefly before and left Mr Hat on her bed.

When he knew she wasn't coming back in a hurry, he got up and opened his own mini laptop.

He searched through the lists of toys that lived in the town.

He looked up Polly, thousands of toys came up in the search.

"Okay, then, how about Patches?" he said to himself.

Mostly dogs came up, he sectioned it off to dolls, about five came up.

He looked at them all, until he got to the last one.

He opened the file, the photo was of a Rag-doll with long stringy red hair, black buttonish eyes, and a patch on her left cheek, she wore a grey dress with black stitched on pockets, a black over jacket, black stockings and a pair of light brown lace up boots, she looked grumpy at having her picture taken.

And up in the corner there was a name, Stitchy.

Mr Hat frowned.

'Why would such a beautiful toy have such an ugly name?' he wondered as he looked over the file.

"She looks more like a Polly to me" he muttered, then saw the brackets next to her name that said Polly and Patches.

"oh, that makes sense, kind of"

In the town, Stitchy was getting a t.v, weird huh?

I mean, WHY would a Rag-doll need a t.v, but thats not the point, the point is that Stitchy's getting a t.v!

Anyway,Stitchy plugged the t.v in, and went instantly on the news channel, channel 5.

"Last nights parade was a major success and full of surprises as always," said the reporter who happened to be a Barbie doll.

Stitchy hated Barbie's, too plastic for her, also, they always smile, even it half their hairs cut off, kinda creepy if you think about it.

"But whats more surprising is who mayor Hat was talking to," she continued, a darkening look creeping into the reporters eyes.

"Mayor Hat was talking to another Rag-doll, but thats not all, he was talking to a FEMALE Rag-doll!" the reporter went on, Stitchy just looked at the screen in bewilderment.

"We have no idea who the mystery Rag-doll is, but if you know, give us a message at-" Stitchy stopped paying attention to the sound and focused at the footage playing on the screen.

Mr Hat followed her as she tried to walk home, he grabbed her arm, she turned around, saying something, he said something back, then she said something again, one word.

Polly.

He let go of her arm, she just looked at him, he said something else, she said something before saying her reply.

Patches.

Mr Hat said one last thing, then a group of toys grabbed him and took him away, leaving her behind, yelling out her current name.

Stitchy.

She shook her head then listened to it, it had no sound except for crowds in the back ground, and that annoying little tune that was sung every year.

'This is the thing that every child dreams about,
seeing their toys alive and walk about,
this is the thing that every chlid wishes for,
their toys walking home.....'

At that point she just changed the channel to comedy.

"Friggin Barbies" Stitchy just muttered under her breath.

In Stitchy's opinion, Barbie dolls have always been trouble since day one.

She met the first Barbie, its head was so full of ideas about hair styles Stitchy just ran as far away from her as possible, come on! She wanted to cut her hair!

Stitchy just lay there, watching t.v.

"I don't like you Mayor Hat" Stitchy muttered again, rethinking that everyone had now seen her picture, so if she went outside in the light of day she would be overwhelmed by hundreds, no THOUSANDS of jealous female toys who all wanted the mayor to talk to them.

She soon fell asleep.

Waking up at sunset, Stitchy got ready to go for a starlit walk.

"Alright, so tea, check, biscuits, check, and book, check, all set to go" Stitchy said to herself about six hours later, she decided on midnight because most toys aren't on the street at midnight.

She walked out the door and down the street now wearing a jumper over her dress.

Mr Hat had gone down to the town, his child was asleep now and so he had plenty of free time until six o'clock am.

He walked back down Dollard Street, knowing there was little chance of finding Stitchy again on the street.

He kept looking until he saw someone open their door and leave their house, they had long red hair that came to about their dresses rim.

Continuing up the path, he walked up to the person.

"Stitchy?" he whispered.

She turned around, it indeed was Stichy, she had a very surprised look on her face.

"How do you know my name?" she asked, then remembering how she yelled it out.

'He might have heard'

"Did you hear me?" she said when he didn't answer.

"Hear you? What do you mean?" he asked simply.

"I yelled out my name, when they took you away, did you hear me?" she repeated the question.

"Um, yeah, sure" he said, he wasn't about to tell her he had looked at her file.

"Well, now that you know my names, can you leave me alone?" she hissed the last bit, still annoyed with the Barbie doll reporter.

"Why?" Mr Hat asked stunned, usually any female he spoke to wanted him to stay even though he didn't want to.

"Because I got a t.v today and our little 'chat' last night was filmed and now I won't be able to go anywhere without some Barbie attacking me" she said, then walking around Mr Hat and down the path.

"Stitchy, wait," Mr Hat said, trying to catch up with Stitchy again.

"No, why should I wait, now I can't go out in the day because of you" Stitchy said, Mr Hat just sighed, Stitchy was a drama queen, great.

"Have you tried to go out in the day?" he asked.

"Well, no...."

"Then how do you know you can't go out in the day?" he stated in a question, uhhh, don't ask.

"Because I know" Stitchy also stated, always walking.

"Can we just talk, please?" Mr Hat asked.

"Why, so I can be put on t.v again?"

"You know, some toys would kill to talk to me"

"Well I'm not like most toys" Stitchy retorted, she definitely wasn't like most toys, most toys weren't over a hundred years of age.

"I just want to talk, you know, like friends" he said the last bit quietly, Stitchy just stopped and turned around.

"Did you just say, friend?"

Mr Hat just nodded.

Stitchy grabbed his bowtie and pulled him close to her face menacingly, his top hat falling off.

"Listen to me 'friend' , I am NOT your friend, I am not ANYONES friend, and I never WILL be, understand 'friend' ?" she said in a low voice.

Mr Hat replied "But you can't go through life with no friends"

"Oh yeah?" Stitchy said, letting go of Mr Hat's bow tie, she let him fall to the ground.

"Just watch me" she finished off, then walked away.

Mr Hat scrambled to his feet and ran to catch up again.

"I'll watch you, but you'll just keep getting sadder and sadder and sadder and sadder and sadder and sadder and sadder and sadder and sa-"

"Alright alright! Your my friend, we can talk, happy?" Stitchy said, finally fed up with him.

"Good" Mr Hat said, smiling.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeeeaaah, Stitchy gave in eventually, it took me HOURS to write this so I hope you enjoyed it, it is a kinda long chapter, well, I'm going now, until next time!