Status: In progress

Stitchy the Rag-doll

Sleep walker

"So Stitchy, how old are you exactly?" Mr Hat said, Stitchy was trying to find her spot at the beach, she thought the beach was better at night than in the day when it was crowded.

"Why? How old are you?" Stitchy just said, she was still thought the same thing she thought when Mr Hat said she was his friend, he is crossing a very thin line.

"I'm 20, there, now tell me how old you are" Mr Hat said, waiting for her answer.

Stitchy mumbled something that sounded oddly like 105 but that couldn't be it, could it?

"Excuse me, but I didn't quite hear that" Mr Hat said, leaning in to hear Stitchy more clearly.

"ONE HUNDRED AND FIVE YEARS OLD!!!" Stitchy shouted closely to Mr Hat's head where an ear would have been.

"Yikes, no need to shout!" Mr Hat said, feeling light headed.

"Is the reason your always grumpy because your 105?"

"Lemme think, uh, NO" Stitchy said, finding her spot and sitting down.

"Why are you so grumpy then?"

"Because certain PESTS never leave me ALONE" she said into his face, then grabbed out her book and tried to read.

"So why the name Stitchy?" Mr Hat asked as soon as she read the first two words in the chapter, by midnight.

"What about it?" Stitchy grumbled.

"Well, its kind of an ugly name for someone who actually isn't ugly"

Realizing what he said, Mr Hat just hung his head, thinking he was an idiot for saying that and just waiting for something to hurt.

Stitchy wasn't going to hurt him, yet.

"What do you mean, not ugly?"

Mr Hat peeked at her from behind his top hat.

"I mean your not ugly" he stated simply.

"Uh huh, riiiiiight" Stitchy said, turning her attention back to her book, Mr Hat put his top hat back on his head and looked over Stitchy's shoulder at her book.

"What book are you reading?" He asked out of interest.

"Um, I'd rather not tell you" she mumbled, still reading, she grabbed a biscuit from her bag and started to eat, and I know how messed up that sounds but when in the toys world they CAN eat they CAN drink and they DO sleep, so THERE.

"oh come on" he egged on.

"No" she said stubbornly, continuing to read.

"Please?" he asked, looking over her shoulder still, then began to read bits of the story out.

"'Far away in the forrest, Silas too kept a lonely midnight vigil in the middle of the snowfall, which'-"

"Alright, fine, its Magyk, first book in the Septimus Heap series, I found it the other day and I began to read it and now I'm hooked in, so DON'T bother me!" She said, shoving his hat off his head causing Mr Hat to chase after his hat which was being dragged off by the wind.

In all the time Mr Hat took to catch his hat, Stitchy finnished the chapter and shut the book, one chapter was enough for her.

She had no idea what time it was, so she just looked at the moon, she couldn't tell precisely what time it was but she could tell around about what it was.

'Around 3:00, time to go home' she thought as she put the book in her bag.

She just got up and left, not waiting for Mr Hat, but he soon caught up.

"Theres so much I still haven't asked you, um, do you like music?" he said randomly.

"yes and no, I like classical, not modern stuff really" she said, just wanting to get home.

"I bet I could change that" he said confidently.

"Slim chance" Stitchy muttered.

Stitchy got home but Mr Hat still didn't leave her alone.

"Don't you have a human to go home to?"

"Yeah, but she won't be up for another couple of hours" he replied.

"Can't you go already?" Stitchy whined, getting fed up with Mr Hat following her.

"I could, but I don't want to"

"Well, your NOT coming inside"

"Fine then"

"I know its fine"

"Be that way"

"I will" and with that Stitchy shut the door in Mr Hat's face.

"Drama queen" Mr Hat mumbled under his breath, at the same time Stitchy muttered under her breath "Pest".

Mr Hat took out his handkerchief and looked at it, remembering where and when he found it.

'It was a parade day, he was being smothered by female toys and had only just snuck out from the crowd, he hid in a bush where there was another toy.

"Hiding too huh?" said the mysterious toy, its voice sounded female, but they were wearing a black cloak with a hood so it was hard to tell, but a string of red wool hair had escaped from the hood.

"Yeah" he replied, just looking at the mysterious toy.

"Who are you hiding from?" he asked the toy.

"Oh some teddy bear with a monocle who thinks I'm an unfortunate case of a toy who's childless, but I think I'm nothing but free" they said, sounding distant.

"I know why your hiding, your hiding from all those female toys" they said again.

"Okay then, can you NOT give me away?" he asked.

"Maybe, if I feel generous"

"I'll take that as a yes"

They sat there for hours, rarely talking, until everyone had gone.

"Thanks" Mr Hat said, climbing out of the bush.

"No problem, I have to go now" they said, before running off, Mr Hat grabbed their arm.

"Whats your name?" the figure just looked at him, even though he couldn't see their eyes he knew.

"I can't tell you"

"Will I ever see you again?"

"Probably not"

They then disappeared.

He tried to find which way they had gone, but all he found was a fancy patterned handkerchief lying on the ground.

He tried to search for the toy many times after, but in the end, all he had left was the handkerchief.'

He sighed at the handkerchief, he still wanted to find that person, and he had a suspicion that it was a female toy, and he knew that they DEFINITELY had red hair.

Red hair...... Stitchy?

At the sam moment, Stitchy had fallen asleep and had a very weird dream/memory thing.

'She was running from a monocle bear, she wore a black cloak with a hood, but she didn't have a hood on at the time.

she dived into a bush and hid, she felt someone coming into her bush so she pulled up her hood.

"Hiding too huh?" she said, it was Mr Hat, wait..... WHAT?

"Yeah" he replied, just looking at her.

"Who are you hiding from?" he asked her.

"Oh some teddy bear with a monocle who thinks I'm an unfortunate case of a toy who's childless, but I think I'm nothing but free"

"I know why your hiding, your hiding from all those female toys" she said, Mr Hat was always being chased because of his power over the town.

"Okay then, can you NOT give me away?" he asked.

"Maybe, if I feel generous"

"I'll take that as a yes"

They sat there for hours, rarely talking, until everyone had gone.

"Thanks" Mr Hat said, climbing out of the bush.

"No problem, I have to go now" she said, before running off, Mr Hat grabbed their arm.

"Whats your name?" she just looked at him.

"I can't tell you"

"Will I ever see you again?"

"Probably not"

She ran towards her house, the darkness concealed her.

She took off the cloak and lied down on her bed, in a few minutes she woke up properly, she had been sleepwalking again.

At the time she had a bit of a cold so she went to look for her handkerchief, she couldn't find it.

She had no idea that Mr Hat found it'

Stitchy slept on, she frowned a couple of times in her dream, those were the moments Mr Hat appeared.

Then suddenly, she sat up, her eyes closed.

She walked over to the door and opened it, letting Mr Hat's head hit the ground.

"Sorry Mayor Hat" Stitchy said sleepily, she was sleep walking.

"What changed your mind?" Mr Hat asked as he got up from the floor.

"Nthn realllly" Stitchy said groggily, Mr Hat looked at her questingly, but then saw that her eyes were still closed.

"are you sleep walking?"

"Maybe, let me adjust a biiiiit" Stitchy said before knocking into the table.

"Ow, that hurt" Stitchy said in a childish voice, Mr Hat chuckled.

"Okay, time for bed" he said, leading her to her bed.

"I don't wanna...."

He made her climb in and tucked her in, he made sure she would STAY in.

"Bye bye Stitchy, I'm gonna lock the the door so if you get out of bed at least you won't be able to get out of the house"

"Mmmmm" Stitchy said, falling back into a deep sleep.

"See you" he whispered as he closed the door, he forgot that he left the handkerchief on her table when he guided her to bed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah..... I like writing this story, its fun, it can pretty much write whatever I want cause no-one really knows what toys would think if they actually were alive like I thought when I was little (still kinda think that they are sometimes, those black staring eyes..... I'm gonna stop talking now).