Status: at the start

His Second Chance

Surprised a Lot

365 days, an hour, and some odd number of minutes.

I was now past pathetic, for I was counting the days that I had last seen or talked to Joe Jonas. Well, I did see him on the poster in the main hall and on Disney Channel the other day, but I don't really think those things count.

Berklee has been really great. Everyone is just so creative and I've met so many intelligent people and learned too many things to remember. That's out in the hallway though, inside my room it is a completely different story.

I live alone with a bunch of recording equipment. You see I record my things here and send it back home to be put together with the band's sound. I'm totally grateful that the band is still together, for we have only just started our fame. Everyone seems to know who I am, whether I know them or not. At first it was cool, lately I'm sick of it.

Like I said, I live alone. I try to keep busy, yet my mind always flutters back to the same thing. Joe. I never wanted to end things, but I couldn't take it all back without a fight. Sadly though, we have both released songs that are definitely about each other and the tabloids say we're fighting. Which we basically are, through music.

I was tired of fighting though, I just wanted him to be with me and tell me how beautiful I was or make me laugh while he did something terribly dumb. I wanted to tell him that I loved him and I wanted to hear it too. But my wishes wouldn't come true, it basically would never be the same.

Oh Kristen, someone is calling, I think it's Daniey yet I did receive these phone calls a lot and they kept me down to Earth.

"Hello," I answered laying down back against the floor.

"Hey. I want to tell you to open your door," She demanded.

"Why?" I replied standing up.

"Just open it!" She laughed and I did as she said finding a great surprise.

"DAN!" I shouted seeing her standing there with her straight hair and a blue bag and a rock on her finger that I knew was about to be explained.

"Kris," she replied hugging me tightly, "You look good." She said letting me go and walking into my room.

"You do too. Might you explain the surprise visit though?" I questioned sitting on my bed.

"Jeez I can't just visit you?" She smiled sitting on a chair right in front of me. I gave her the famous 'yeah right' look and she laughed nodding, "Okay okay. I wanted to tell you some good news,"

"That you and Kevin are finally getting married!" I shouted.

"Thanks for letting me tell you," she said lamely before we both rejoiced in hugs and squeals.

"Ooh, let me see it," I took her hand and examined the diamond, "It's totally beautiful."

"I know Kevin designed it and everything," She smiled and it was about the happiest I had seen her.

"I'm so happy for you," I let out a joyful sigh.

"Thanks. I actually wanted to ask you, or Kev and I wanted to ask two things." She said a bit shyly.

"Yeah anything," I replied.

"One I want you to be my maid of honor," she asked quietly and hopefully and my eyes widened.

"Of course!" I hugged her tightly.

"And second we want you to perform a song," I nodded knowing there was something more, "With them."

I knew who them was and my heart dropped, "Does he know?"

"For the most part yes," She said smoothing out a wrinkle in her jeans.

I nodded slowly looking out the window, "Is he okay with it?"

"It's kind of like your expression," She answered and my lips puckered.

"I'll do it, for you and Kev," I replied and she broke out in a smile hugging me tightly.

"Oh thank you Kris! I can't believe I'm getting married. Oh I almost forgot is there a way to steal you from this college for a while, I mean so that we can work on the wedding back at home." She bit her lip and I relaxed nodding.

"Yeah, they have an online system so I can send in my work to the teachers," She was even happier than ever.

"Okay we leave in the morning! I'll help you pack," She announced dropping her bag on a table and walked over to my closet.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The plane ride home wasn't bad at all and the warm Hawaii heat hit my face within the first step of the airport. It was good to be back.

After our customs check, we were greeted by familiar faces. Kevin and Jay.

"KRISTEN!" Jay yelled and started to run over to me almost tackling me in a hug.

"I missed you too Jaython," I laughed.

"Oh your voice sounds so much better in person," He smiled putting his arm around my shoulder in his brotherly way.

We made our way back to the couple who were in a picture perfect love, "Kevin!" I shouted ruining their moment.

"Kris," he replied opening arms for me to hug him.

"Oh I'm so mad you didn't tell me when we talked," I slapped him softly. Kevin and I usually talked about once a week, the same with Nick. They let me know the loop in the music world and kept me up to date with Joe's life.

"She was going to kill me if she didn't do it," He shrugged.

"It's okay," I forgave him and we made our way out to the car.

"So where is everyone," I asked putting my bags in the back of Danielle's jeep.

"I don't know busy," Jay replied.

I nodded jumping into the backseat smiling, "Wow Dan, your car smells good."

"That's all Kevin's doing," She admitted.

I touched Kevin's shoulder, "You are a saint."

And we all laughed. The ocean was just as pure blue as it was when we had left. The sky was empty and the palms trees were green. Home sweet home.

Pulling up to my house, it seemed even bigger than before. I had become so adjusted to the size of the bus and of my dorm room that this was just totally humongous.

I opened the door and was found in the middle of everyone yelling, "Surprise!"

I laughed scanning the room. My father had a smile on his face holding my little sister. Jenny stood next to him with the same expression. Andrew and Chris looked a bit sharper than before, but their smile made me believe it was still them. Nick had grown a bit more and too had become a sharper young man, but he was always a sharp yound man to me. And what surprised me most was that he was there. Looking like he always was, beautiful. There was no smile on his face, just a stare.

I sighed, probably showing them that this was great. To me the sigh meant I couldn't have him, that he wasn't just going to take me back.

I smiled after receiving hugs from almost everyone and we all made our way into the living room. A million and one questions were asked about life in college and I answered most of them to the best of my ability.

"Hey I think I'm going to head up and start unpacking seeing as I will be here for while," I stood.

"Okay dinner's almost ready," Jenny said.

I nodded and started walking up the stairs to see Joe coming out of the bathroom. We met eyes and he gave me that small smile that said he was nervous.

"Hey," he said softly.

I matched his smile, "Hi," but I walked right past him. Not wanting to let all of my emotions flood out right then and there.

My room hadn't changed a bit since I had left and it still smelled the same, I flopped down on my bed closing my eyes. A knock was heard on my door and I shot up just to see his face again.

"Can we talk?" He asked quietly.

I nodded allowing him to come in after he closed the door. He sat down on a bean bag chair.

"Whats on your mind," I said trying to cut a certain amount of tension. It didn't work I just got a glare once again.

"I know we're not exactly on good terms so I just want to get this song done quick," he said straightfoward.

It hurt of course, "Okay."

"And---okay?" He seemed shocked.

"Yes, if that's what you want to do then we'll do it your way," I agreed.

"You don't want to take control or anything?" He wondered.

I shook my head laughing a bit, "Would you want me to take control."

He then just shrugged, "I don't really know. I just didn't really want you to do anything."

"May I ask why?"

He met my eyes, "So I wouldn't have to see you as much."

"I figured that in all of your songs." I let that slip.

"Well your's didn't exactly float my boat either," He mumbled.

"Then what are you still doing here?" I questioned.

His glare was back and I figured I was pushing him away again, but then it softened, "You're still beautiful."

My eyebrows furrowed, "What?"

"Uhm nothing I have to go," He said and walked out quickly leaving a smile upon my face.
♠ ♠ ♠
soo first chapter to the sequel
what'd you think?
COMMMENTS