Status: at the start

His Second Chance

Breaking Down Walls, hopefully.

It took me a while to remember what it was like to be home. Back at Berklee, there was no one screaming at you in the morning and definitely no father figure. There was just an alarm clock that buzzed very annoyingly.

“KRIS!” Andrew shook me and I groggily opened my eyes.

“Can I help you?” I asked this was my new alarm clock.

“We have to leave soon. We’re working on Daniey and Kev’s song today,” He informed, “Get dressed.”

I groaned looking at the clock, 7: 30 a.m. This day was starting off great.
After changing and doing my hair I grabbed a granola bar and met the boys outside.

“Are we trying to impress someone,” Chris commented.

“Not that I know of why?” I questioned.

“Because that outfit is just…woah,” Andrew added.

“I wear this at Berklee all the time,” I shrugged.

“I know what all the guys are thinking there,” Jay said as Andrew started his car.

I rolled my eyes and just kept quiet on the subject. We caught up on the ride to the studio. They had all gotten girlfriends, whom I would meet sooner or later, and I felt like a complete loner without anyone to tell about.

“You’ve been busy,” Jay excused.

I nodded, “Yeah, school and everything.”

“We’re here,” Chris announced. I looked out the window to see a huge building I had been
dying to be in.

“You’re going to love it,” Andrew said as we were walking in.

The walls were decorated with lots of color, records hung in frames on the wall, and pictures of famous groups were everywhere. We were in a record label company.

“Hey guys,” A friendly voice called and we turned to find Nick whom I must say had grown a bit taller.

We all returned the greeting and walked over to meet him, “So Kris do you like it?” He asked.

“Like it! It’s absolutely gorgeous,” I replied.

“I know. Come on follow me I’ll show you where we’re working,” He started and walked down the hallway.

The room was just like the one on the television, except I was able to touch all of it now. It was kind of like a dream, yet I didn’t know why I was still fascinated by all of this. I just was. And then as I was looking around I heard the door open. With human instincts we all looked over and saw his straight black hair almost covering his eyes. I think I was the only one who thought of it that way though.

“I brought uh coffee?” He said hesitantly holding up a tray of Starbucks. The boys made their way over first leaving me to remember all the good times we had.

“Caramel Macchiato,” His low voice popped my thoughts and I smiled accepting the hot drink.

“Okay,” Nick’s voice said, “We all know what we’re doing, this is for Kevin and Danielle.
Anyone have any idea what to sing though?”

We all looked around at each other nervously not really having any material to work on.

“I uh started something. I don’t know if you’d want to use it,” I said rummaging through my bag.

“Well Kris I don’t think anyone of us hasn’t liked the lyrics to any of your songs,” Jay said and
I looked through the corner of my eye to see Joe’s face, which looked down at his shoes.

“Here you go,” I smiled handing papers over to Nick, “It was suppose to be for a one band thing but with you as our musical genius I think we can make it a duet or something.”

Nick smiled, “This is a really good start. Why don’t you let me work on this and I’ll call you when it come to the music part and everything.”

“That sounds really good,” I replied and faced my brothers, “Is there any way I could record something today?”

“I think our usual is being occupied right now,” Andrew admitted.

“Oh you guys could use ours. We have it for a couple of hours, plus I want to see what college girl has been learning,” Nick smirked.

“Hey they only teach us editing and all of that stuff. I still have my own style,” I retorted.
He scoffed, “Whatever.”

“Is there a piano in there?” I questioned.

“Yeah Joe help her out in there,” Nick instructed starting to play around with the sound board.

I think we were both glaring at Nick, my jaw was clenched. Nick was always trying to convince me to talk to Joe or get back with him, this wasn’t his first time.

“Come on Kris, please.” Nick pleaded over the phone.

“No Nicholas,” I answered.

“But he’s in depression mode right now and you’re hurting the band,” He accused.

“Joe’s doing fine he was just out with Brenda Song the other day,” I rolled my eyes to the
magazine tabloids.

“You should know better not to read those things. Brenda is planning a surprise party,” I could just imagine him shrugging, “more importantly call him!”

“No Nick, not now.” I concluded.

“Then soon?” he asked.


“Sure,” Joe answered and we walked into the other side.

The room had a couple of microphones, an acoustic, and a huge grand piano. I gasped at how beautiful it was. Shiny and black, oh how I wanted to steal it so badly.

“Well this is it,” Joe pointed out and with a small smile on his face.

“Thanks,” I nodded going over to the bench, “So how are you?”

“I’m good. Busy since Dan and Kev but good,” He replied looking down at the keys.

“What’s wrong?” I asked in sort of a whisper, as if I wasn’t allowed to.

He met my gaze, his eyes were full of questions, “Nothing.” The answer stumbled out after a
pause.

“Joe, I know when there’s something wrong with you, but I also know we’re not on good terms. So maybe you shouldn’t tell me. I’m here though, if you do want to uh talk,” I seemed
to have made my way through my rambling.

His eyes were a lot softer than before, “I don’t think this is the right place to talk about it.”

I was finally being let in behind his wall, “Okay.”

“Kristen you ready?” Nick popped in through the intercom as if on que. I nodded, “Joe can
you just stay in there in case something happens,”

“Uhh I guess. That okay with you?” He asked

I agreed, “Sure.”

“Whenever you’re ready.” Nick smiled.

It's like forgetting the words to your favorite song.
You can't believe it; you were always singing along.
It was so easy and the words so sweet.
You can't remember; you try to feel the beat.

Bee-ee-ee-ee-ee-ee-ee-ee-
Eet eet eet.
Ee-ee-ee-ee-ee-ee-
Eet eet eet.

You spend half of your life trying to fall behind.
You're using your headphones to drown out your mind.
It was so easy and the words so sweet.
You can't remember; you try to move your feet.

Ee-ee-ee-ee-ee-ee-ee-
Eet eet eet.
Ee-ee-ee-ee-ee-ee-ee-
Eet eet eet.

Someone's deciding whether or not to steal.
He opens a window just to feel the chill.
He hears that outside a small boy just started to cry
'Cause it's his turn, but his brother won't let him try.

It's like forgetting the words to your favorite song.
You can't believe it; you were always singing along.
It was so easy and the words so sweet.
You can't remember; you try to move your feet.
It was so easy and the words so sweet.
You can't remember; you try to feel the beat...


“That was really good Kris,” Nick chimed in after a minute or two.

I thanked him waiting to hear something from Joe, but as I looked around he wasn’t there
anymore and the door was left swinging. It was time to talk.
♠ ♠ ♠
OKAY!!!
I actually have no idea where I'm going,
or I do but just in a sort of a brain freeze.
Comments=Help=More chapters!!!
Thanks for reading