Status: at the start

His Second Chance

Monsters hold secrets

Joe's POV

“Joey,” I heard a small voice say as I exited Kristen’s room. I looked down to find a small and tired Lauren in her pajamas holding a blanket.

“Hey Lauren why are you up?” I asked crouching down to her size.

“There’s a monster in my room,” she replied.

“What kind of monster?” I said trying to hide my smile.

“A scary one,” She answered.

I let out a small laugh, “Why do you say there is a monster?”

“I saw it in my closet.” Her small voice was fragile and scared.

I nodded, “Do you want me to get it?”

She nodded and took my hand as we both entered the room. As first opened the black room she pointed to a figure that hung in her closet while letting go of my hand.

“It’s okay Lauren,” I said turning on the light taking a few steps toward the closet. I looked at
her small clothes and how pink they all were. Then I noticed her supposed monster. It was a puppy bag, a bag in the shape of a puppy’s face.

“Lauren this is your monster.” I smiled handing her the bag.

“OH!” She exclaimed grabbing onto the bag pulling it tightly to her chest, “Thank you Joey!”

“What’s going on in here?” I heard a soft voice and I looked up to see Kristen smiling.

“There was a monster in my closet and Joey went to fight it but it was just this bag see!” She held up the object.

“Did you thank him?” Kristen asked.

“Yup!” Lauren replied happily.

“Okay well then say goodnight to Joey and go back to sleep.” Kristen instructed.

“Can Joey spend the night? Please,” She begged Kristen and I watched her sigh.

“Why don’t you ask Joey?” Kristen replied and mumbled, “God knows I’ve tried.”

“Joey will you pleeease stay,” she asked with her puppy dog pout.

“Lauren I really can’t” before I answered somehow I got distracted with how innocent she
looked, “I don’t know Lauren.”

“We can stay up all night and you can sleep in my room!” Lauren offered.

“But--” I started.

“Yeah Joe, why don’t you stay in Lauren’s room?” Kristen apparently found this amusing.

“Uhm, sure.” I complied, “But you have to go to sleep.”

Lauren nodded hugging my leg tightly as I heard Kristen laugh, “I shall get you some blankets and pillows.” Then she was gone.

“Lauren why don’t you get in bed while I help your sister,” I said and she complied, “Be back.”

I went into the hallway and found her grabbing a blanket from the closet, “I know a lot of people get mad over having their boyfriend sleep with their sister but this is just hilarious.”
I wasn’t as amused as she was, “This isn’t funny.”

“Hey I offered you my room.” She stated which was true.

“Then stay in there with us,” I suggested.

She paused to think, “That is a wooden floor. No way am I sleeping on the ground.”

“Then get me out of this please!” I begged.

She laughed, “Calm down. Let me get you some clothes because I don’t approve of my little sister staying in a room with a guy in his boxers quite yet.”

“So I’m guessing I’m staying?” I sighed.

She just shrugged while entering another room leaving me totally out of her plans. I leaned
against the wall waiting for her and in minutes she was back with folded clothes.

“Thanks,” I replied.

She smiled as I went inside the restroom to change. Minutes later I was back in the hallway, this time alone.

I walked into Lauren’s room expecting Kristen to be there but it was only Lauren, “Kristen said you sleep there.”

There was a spot on the ground with a couple of blankets and several pillows. I nodded plopping down on the spot.

“Night Joey,” I heard Lauren yawn.

“Night,” I smiled to myself thinking that one day I might be able to do this for my own
daughter. I shut my eyes concluding that Kristen wasn’t going to help me.
-----------------------------------------------------------
“Joe,” I heard someone whisper as a hand rubbed my back.

“Hmm,” I replied.

“Get up.” I opened my eyes figuring that it was Kristen. I sat up and stood with her, following
her out the door.

“I was sleeping,” I stated.

“For like thirty minutes.” She retorted.

“What time is it?” I inquired.

“2: 30,” She shrugged, “You can go home.”

I shook my head, “I’m not taking any chance with paparazzi right now.”

“Okay then. Night.” She replied starting to leave.

“Wait there a second,” I said snaking my arms around her waist not letting her take another
step.

“Yes,”

“Can I sleep with you?”

“No.” she answered, “Lauren is going to wonder where you are when she wakes up.”

“So we’ll say I went to get breakfast which will be true because we’ll get up before her.”

“You just don’t want the floor do you?” She retorted.

“That too,” I whispered.

“Come on,” She rolled her eyes pulling me through her door, “You sleep on that side.”

“Since when did we ever stay on a side?” I questioned.

She sighed, “I thought at least to try.”

I was kind of glad she wasn’t able to see my smirk as I moved to the right side of the bed.

“Nu-uh,” She said.

“What?”

“That’s my side.” She complained.

I propped up on my elbows, “What is with you and sides!”

“Just please Joe,” She begged.

I had never heard her beg for anything before like this, “Kristen what’s wrong?”

“Nothing! Just, please.” She asked.

“We will talk about this later,” I said scooting over.

“Whatever you say.” She replied going over me to get to the inside, “Night Joe.”

“Night Kristen,” I replied wrapping my arms around her waist, “I love you.”

“I love you too.” Within minutes a perfect silence came between us.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kristen's POV

“Joe,” I said rubbing his cheek softly. It was already 7 and Lauren would be up in an hour.

“Joe.” I said once again. Nothing.

Unfortunately, I knew what would wake him up. I kissed his lips softly, hoping he’d startle or stir or something. I tried once more and he did wake up, but it wasn’t until he was kissing
back that I noticed.

“Morning,” I replied.

“Morning,” He said groggily.

“You need to get up before Lauren does,” I said sitting up.

“Okay,” He yawned sitting up also kissing my cheek.

I smiled, “You make me want to stay here forever.”

“You should, with me.” He said quietly.

I shrugged jumping over him to get off of my bed, going downstairs.

There was no noise in the hallway and the living room appeared empty. Nobody was up yet. I walked over to the kitchen to find some scrambled eggs and pancakes with a note next to it.

Kris,
Went to the grocery store. There is more food in the refrigerator if the boys are still hungry, which they probably will be, but of course I could be wrong. I left a plate of hash-browns in the microwave for you and only you. Have fun today!
-Jenny


I smiled taking a plate from the cabinet and automatically starting to fill it with the goods of a
home cooked meal.

“This smells delicious,” I heard Joe’s voice say.

“Who cooks for you at your house?” I had to ask.

“Well, usually it’s microwave, out in a restaurant, some form of fast food, or Danielle’s there.” He shrugged.

“I still can’t believe she can cook,” I mumbled thinking about how she would have hit me at the statement.

“It’s not the greatest but it doesn’t make us sick.” He laughed filling yet another plate as I
took out the hash browns. I filled my plate a bit and then stuck it back in the microwave.

“Why did you put it back?” Joe asked behind me.

“Because they’re mine,” I stated.

“No where is your name on those,” He replied.

“No, but there is a note saying they are mine and only mine! See someone loves me,” I smiled proudly holding up the note.

“A lot of people love you Kris,” He rolled his eyes kissing my cheek heading to the dining table. He was the only one to ever make me feel guilty.

I started transferring all the plates with food over to the table. Bringing the hash browns over to Joe.

“You didn’t have to,” He said and I just glared at him.

“Don’t do that to me,” I answered sitting down at the table across him.

Soon enough I heard a stampede come down the stairs.

“GOOD MORNING!” Jay shouted, “Woah, hey Joe.”

I was glad Jay couldn’t see my smile, “Hey Jay.”

“I thought you uh left last night. Not that I don’t want you here, but yeah.”

“Lauren had a monster in her closet.” Joe stated.

“Oh, if I didn’t know better I would have thought you and Kristen were going out again.”
Andrew added.

Before I or Joe could retort in any form or direction a small child’s voice played in my head.

“JOE WHERE WERE YOU!” She pouted.

“I went to get some breakfast,” He replied shyly as if being scolded.

“Oh, okay.” She agreed and sat down.

“What would you like princess Lauren,” Chris asked getting an empty plate for her.

“Everything!” She smiled happily as Chris prepared her breakfast.

“Joey do you like Kristen?” Lauren asked and the table became quiet.

“Of course Lauren she’s my best friend.” Joe answered.

“No I mean do you like like like Kristen.”

“Yeah Joe do you like like like Kristen?” Andrew asked.

“Come here and I’ll tell you,” he motioned her over and whispered in her ear.

“Ohh!” I heard her exclaim in joy and sat down.

“Well what did he say?” Andrew asked.

“I can’t tell you it’s a secret!” she retorted.

I laughed, “Lauren why don’t you eat in the living room.”

“Okay.” She smiled walking out of the room.

“Maybe it’s time to tell them,” He asked.

I shrugged smiling, “You were the one who wanted to keep it a secret Joseph.”

“Anyone want to fill us in?” Andrew asked.

“Well, your sister and I are going out again.”

Jay bit his lip putting his fork down crossing his arms, while the other two were a bit shocked also.

“Are you sure you guys want to?” Jay asked.

“That’s why I agreed. Aren’t you guys happy?” I questioned.

“Look, we’re happy it’s just I don’t need to be woken up at 2 am because you can’t sleep
cause you’re on one another’s mind! And yeah, you both had the same problem,” Andrew
blurted causing Joe and I to blush.

“Well no one’s ever perfect,” I explained.

“We just don’t want you two to get hurt. Or do anything stupid if you two break up again,” Jay
stared at Joe.

“Okay we’re focusing on the word if which that’s not likely to happen,” I stated, “We should have never broken up in the first place.”

Andrew sighed, “Just please don’t hurt each other.”

We nodded in agreement, “Good now that that is over Kristen we have recording today and Joe don’t you have to get fitted for a tux?”

“I actually do,” Joe said looking at the clock, “So I will change and then be gone.” He smiled holding up his dishes.

“Just leave it,” I said.

“No. I’ll clean it,” He disagreed walking into the kitchen.

“Oh no, they’re doing it again,” Chris groaned while I shot him a questioning look.

“You two are going out meaning you two are acting lovey-dovey again,” Andrew answered.

“I think you three have definite issues,” I shook my head cleaning up my area before taking
my plate inside the kitchen.

“Hey,” I saw Joe as he entered the kitchen dressed in day clothes.

“Hi,” I replied starting to wash my dishes.

“So I’m leaving now,” he said.

“Okay,” I nodded.

“That’s all I get? Okay.” He replied dramatically.

I laughed turning of the water and turning to face him, “Joe I will miss you lots in the hours we are apart today and I really hope nothing happens to you in those hours cause I don’t know what I’m going to do.”

He rolled his eyes hugging me, “Has anyone told you you’re over-dramatic?”

“I believe Danielle has,” I agreed.

He chuckled kissing me on the lips softly, “I will see you later.”

“Bye.” I replied as he walked out of the front door. Today would be exciting.
♠ ♠ ♠
SOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PLEASE COMMENT!
I know you want to
please?
with like cherries and sprinkles and everything you like on top.
-Gina