Status: This is something I have been working on. No hate - all love :)

Because He Loved Me.

Chapter 8

Drifting around in the park, the soft wind made a melody as it swept the leaves across the pavement. I dug my hands into my pockets, dried tears decorating my cheeks. My tired eyes looked up at the sky as I leaned back on the purple plastic slide. “Twinkle, twinkle, little star,” I began to sing in a whisper, my nose becoming more stuffed up, “How I wonder…what you are…” I broke off into a sob.
“Up above the world so bright,” I sang, hearing male voice join in with me. “Like a diamond in the sky,” I let him finish off. The man came closer with a goofy grin plastered on his face. His arms wrapped around me, lifting me up from the cold slide and acting as mattress.
“What are you doing here?” I asked, wiping my red nose and trying to not sound stuffy. My head rested on his chest, the warmth soothing me slightly.
“Your mother was worried and your dad went out. She called me to find you,” Santino said, stroking my hair. “You can’t just…run off like that on your parents, Belle, not after…”
Shuttering, I hugged him close as he kissed my head. “I told my dad where I was going…” I shrugged against him. He chuckled slightly as he grunted as we sat up.
“We should get you home. You’ve been out long enough,”
After a few moments of silence, I grabbed his hand as we walked back. His didn’t take him by surprise as I thought it would. “I just…I wanna thank you…for everything,” I said as a few stray tears danced down my face. Santino heard the sadness in my voice and stopped. His green eyes suddenly looked into mine with concern.
“You don’t need to thank me…I love you,” He blurted out then looked down at his shoes, “And I’m always here for you,” His large thumb wiped away my tears as new ones formed. His lips connected to mine briefly before bringing me into another hug. My lips tingled with warmth, my head swimming with confusion.
“Santino…” I pulled away from him, confusion upon my face, “I can’t...I can’t…” I broke out into more tears before he tried pulling me into another hug. He sighed after attempting another time and pinched the bridge of his nose.
“I didn’t want to say this…I was going to say this so much sooner…” He kicked up a rock and looked up at the sky. “I was going to say it that night at the party when me and you hit it off so well…”
Flashes of Santino and I dancing snapped me into a memory. His hands were on my hips as we grinded sloppily and drank beer from red cups. He smiled widely at me as I turned around, my head resting on his chest. All these feelings rose inside me, lust being the most. We kissed over and over that night.
“Don’t make me think about that night,” I spoke in a low tone, my heart speeding up with anger.
“Why can’t we talk about it? Why can’t we talk anymore?! You’re always with that pedophile police man-”
“Do NOT bring Officer Matthews into this!” I shouted, throwing my hands up, “Santino…I don’t want to fight with you! You are my best friend!” I screamed. He shook his head, cracking a sarcastic smile.
“And that’s all I ever will be?” He asked before I smacked him in the face. Not bothering looking back, Santino rushed to his car and sped off.