Status: This is something I have been working on. No hate - all love :)

Because He Loved Me.

Chapter 9

Speeding home, Santino blasted his music. He cannot believe he told her he loved her. He should have waited…or he should have done it when he had the chance. Mateo told him to do it earlier, get it over with so maybe right now they could be together. Santino slammed his hands down on the leather wheel in frustration. He shut off his phone, ignoring his Ma’s phone calls. Santino wasn’t in the mood to talk to anyone, he needed a drink and he needed it now. He needed to take his mind off of the girl he has secretly been crushing on since kindergarten and he knew just the place.
Pulling up the cliff Mateo and he used to hang out at; he took a beer from his dad had in the dash board stash. Cracking it open, he turned off his truck. Stumbling down the dirty path, he came across the piece of land sticking over the ocean. Chugging down some of his beer, he looked down at the rumbling ocean. The waves tried climbing the sharp rocks they once swam to in silly races, almost consuming them now. He never thought of his as a place of death but ever since Mateo was found here…it hasn’t given him the same effect.
“Only if you were here now…” He shook his head and took another sip, sitting on a rock. Crunching the empty beer can, he tossed it over the cliff, the sea crumbling it even further. Suddenly, a sharp piercing pain erupted over Santino’s head. Swearing, he stumbles off the rock, his vision blurred. A black figure stepped over the rock, crouching down to his level. The figure raised the sharp object again, ready to beat Santino’s head. Cursing, Santino quickly kicked the figure in the face, causing it to stumble back onto the rocking making a sound of pain. Jumping up quickly, Santino rocketed to his truck, fumbling with the keys to get it started. Panic settled in when his car wouldn’t start and he felt the blood creep down his neck. Suddenly, the figure made its way in front of the car, another object in its hand. The car started and the headlights flashed before Santino rushed the sign of the cross and stared at the figure.
“Unbelievable,” He said in shock before pealing out of there, his truck going eighty in a twenty mile zone. His eyes went to the sudden curve ahead, his foot lightly pushing the break petal. Sweat glistened upon his forehead when he realized his break must have been cut. Quickly turning on his phone, he rang Bella who eagerly picked up.
“Where are you?! Your ma is worried sick!” She yelled over the line.
“Bella…I need help…”
“What’s wrong?! Are you hurt?”
“Yes…I know the person who got me,”
“Santino?” She asked as his voice started cracking out, her only making out some words.
“Bella? Can…hear…me?”
“Santino where are you?!”
“…don’t worry…love you…” Then the phone cut off and so did Santino’s life.