Nightmare Cove

Violence Violet - The Start Of The End

In a City filled with fear, hate and violence...who is there to save you? Who is there to pick you up when you fall? Who is there is put the fire out? Who is there to trust In this city, there is a world alone. A whole world inside one tiny City.

The lights were made from burning buildings and houses. The smoke in the air was from exploding cars, drugs and burning bodies. The sounds were of screams, sirens and nightmares.

In this City, there was no one to save you, there was no one to pick you up, there was no one to put the fires out and...there was no one to trust.

This City was called Nightmare Cove.

___

Just outside the city, lay a forest. Just inside the forest was a little house, where a little girl was sat upon the dirty wooden planks of the porch. This little girl was waiting. No older than 8 years old, she was filled with terror. The terror made her palms sweat, which she wiped onto her once pure white dress. She spread her fingers across the once light pink flower pattern that was on the bottom of the dress, that lay just about her knee.

There was a dirt road leading from the house and into the dark and forest, she had never been down that road. This, is why she was scared. She could never leave, but there was always that someone coming down the road and into the little house. That someone was where the terror came from.

She felt a tap on her shoulder ten minutes before he would come home.

"Violet," she would call the little girl.

The little girl looked up, feeling the warm touch on her shoulder; the touch she loved so much.

"Mom, when is he coming? I don't want him to come," her tears almost falling from her eyes, but she had stopped them. "I'm scared."

Her Mother took her little hand and guided her to stand up. Once she had stood, her Mother gave her a black book bag. The little girl had no idea what was in it.

"Don't you ever be afraid," her Mothers' eyes pleaded. "Never be scared. This world is scary, but you don't have to be scared," she said to her, gripping her hand just a bit.

"But I am scared!" the little girl yet again held but the tears.

"Listen to me!" her Mother had knelt down in front of her. "Whenever you're scared just come back to me in your mind and think of me taking away all of your fears," she told the little girl. The little girl had a thought click in her mind.

"Are you leaving me? Please, don't leave me!" she crashed into her Mothers' arms.

"I'm not leaving!" she hugged her daughter tight then pulled her away and looked at her. "I'll always be here, right here," the little girl looked down at where her Mother placed her hand; on her heart. "You have to understand that you can't live here, there is better places in the world where you can go and live the life I can't give you."

The little girl didn't want to leave, no matter how bad it was.

"I want to stay with you! How will I know where to go?!" she crashed into her Mothers' arms again.

"You will know by listening here..." her Mother's hand felt warm when it was placed on her heart.

A sound of a truck coming down the dirt road startled them both. "You have to go now!" her Mother demanded as she put the book bag on her shoulders. She looked at the dirt road, no sign of the truck just yet. "Remember, I'm always here," her hand again on her heart. She kissed her daughter on her forehead and hugged her. "Run as fast as you can into the forest that way, keep going straight until you find a river with a Bridge..." she quickly instructed, the little girl listening to every sound she made. "I love you, remember that."

"I don't want to go! I want to stay with you! I don't care! He can do whatever he wants! I just want to stay with you!" she pleaded.

"I know, I don't want you to go...but it's too bad for you to live. I was given this world, I didn't make it...but you have the chance to change things, changes things."

They both snapped when they saw the truck. "Run! Run as fast as you can!" she gently pushed.

She ran, ran as fast as she could into forest. She looked back once. "Don't ever look back!" the last words she heard from her Mother.

She turned her head and ran until she was inside the dark forest. Terror had overcome her fragile body. Her body was weak and out of site, but she still kept running and running. Until, she had seen a young boy ran towards her; the first child she had ever seen.

This boy was running for the same reason she was running; to find a better life, only he was going in the wrong direction.

She had suddenly stopped once the boy had came in front of her.

"Run as fast as you can," they both said in unison.

"You're going the wrong way," she said.

"I don't know where I'm going...I want my Mom," he cried. He was the same age as her, and just as naive. They both snapped as they heard yells coming from behind them, twigs where snapping and tree branches were movie; he was coming to catch her take her back.

"Come, we have to get to the bridge!" she took his hand and started to run, dragging the crying boy behind her.

They felt the pain from whipping branched and stones, but she kept running. A better life was ahead. The forest was like a raining day; dark, wet and cold. She felt at home. She didn't know what it was like outside of the forest.

She had stopped when she saw clear water with stones in it. She looked left and saw the big gray bridge. The river was too wide and rapid to swim across, but there was a space for them to hide under the bridge. So, she took the boy under the bridge and they sat. Her chest heaving and her heart pound with a question of why. Why?

She sat down next to the crying boy, looking at the frosty clear water in front of her. She was numb. "What's your name?"

"Jake," he managed to say through his tears. She slowly looked over at him, his hair, black.

"Don't cry," she told him.

"I want to go home," he said.

"Me too."

___

She watched as Jake slept upon the stones. She wondered what was in the bag her Mother gave her. She tilted her body until she saw the stars. She remember what he Mother told her; what she knew wasn't in the stars but her heart. She took the bag from her back and opened it, she saw food and blanket. She put her hand in and reached for the secret pocket. She found and pulled out money, a letter and a necklace, her Mother's necklace. A tiny silver heart dangled from the chain that was in her hands. She could smell roses.

Don't read this until you have changed the world. She read on the letter. Of course she hadn't changed the world, but she always listened to her Mother. What she didn't understand was why she had said that, how could she change the entire world? One thing she did know is that she would keep the letter but never read until she was told to.

A sudden cold breeze had told her to stand up and go back into the forest, she knew the wind was guiding her. But, she didn't know why.

She ran back, back into the forest where the wind kept pushing her to go. All of the sudden the wind stopped, she heard a noise. She quickly hid inside a shadow and looked ahead.
A man was digging a hole, she knew this man, very well. She saw an arm with a body wrapped in fabric lying next to the hole. The arm was dangling into the hole.

She smelt roses; her Mother's favorite rose.

A single Cristal like tear fell from the corner of her left eye, streaming down her left cheek and falling onto her heart. She knew it was her Mother.

She was beaten to death because she told her daughter to run away from the man that was beating and raping her; this man was the little girl's Father.

___

Nightmare Cove was a small world that has many tales, this is only the beginning of how those tales change.