You're All I Need

Chapter 1: Breaking The News

"Imogene, time for dinner!" My dad yelled from downstairs. I gulped, got up off my bed, and walked down to the table. My older brother Ralph ran over to me.

"We're having steak!" He whispered. I smiled, since steak is my favorite food. He pulled me towards the table and I sat down. As my parents got out the food, I remembered what it was I was going to tell them. I sighed. Ralph nudged me. "You look really sick..."

"I'm fine." I said softly, beginning to eat. Ralph continued to stare at me.

My parents talked about work and bills and things while Ralph and I ate silently, how we usually do. Then my parents stopped talking and I knew this was the time.

"Hey, mom- I need to talk to you about something."

"Sure, honey, what is it?"

"Well I've decided to move out..."

"Move? And where to you think you would move to?"

"Los Angeles. A-and I wanna leave on Friday." I sighed. My parents glanced at each other sadly. I looked over at Ralph. He was staring at me in disbelief.

"What makes you wanna go to Los Angeles?" Ralph spoke up.

"I want to be a model. And there are lots of agencies there..." I began, but couldn't continue.

"Why do you want to leave so soon?" Dad asked.

"I think it would be better. And if I have any problems, I'll come home, I promise."

"O-okay." My parents gave in.

Ralph got up. "Do you need help packing?"

"That would be nice." I muttered. We walked upstairs and began cleaning up my room. I noticed I was crying. Ralph walked over to me and hugged me.

"What the hell is wrong with you? Why do you have to leave?"

"I just have to." I sobbed.

"Can't I come with you?" He begged, looking down at me. (He practically towers over me... he's 6'5".)

"I wish you could," I hugged him closer.

We got back to packing and soon it was all finished. Ralph sighed and pulled me towards him. "I love you, you know that, right?" He said. I nodded. "Friday's only the day after tomorrow..." He trailed off.

"I know," I wiped my eyes. "Can I sleep in your room tonight?"

"Sure." We hugged one more time.

"I'm gonna miss you guys so much!"

Ralph started to cry too.

"Aw, come on, be a man!" I said sarcastically.

"Can't help it."

"Hell, I might only be gone for a week. It might not work out." I reassured him.

"Alright." He sighed. We went downstairs to go watch MTV.

FRIDAY...

I pulled my suitcase outside and threw it into the car. I turned to Ralph, who would be driving me to the bus-stop.

"Alright, let's go."

"One second." I ran over to my parents and hugged them till the couldn't breathe. "I love you." I said. They kissed me on the forehead then I got into the car with Ralph. "I'll call you once I'm there!"

We reached the bus-stop and found the bus I'd take to LA. I hugged Ralph and we started crying again.

"I love you, Imogene." He said.

"I love you, too."

The bus driver honked at us and I pulled away from Ralph and got on. As the bus drove away, Ralph got smaller and smaller. And as he got smaller, I thought this might be a mistake.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm still not sure about it, so comment please! PS it's supposed to have the "Fallen Angel" thing to it. ;)