You're All I Need

Chapter 47: Return Of The Vince

After that night, all of Mick's authority went straight to Hell. Nikki and Tommy and I would still go out every night and get wasted or high. Sometimes we didn't even come home. I would wake up on top of a dumpster in an alley with the boys cuddled up to me. It would take hours to find Tommy's van and get ourselves back to Mick's house.

It started becoming a habit. It went on for about three weeks. Tommy and I would wake up, snort a few lines of coke, then go to dance around the kitchen. Then Nikki would come over and we'd leave to go to the Troubadour or some other bar in downtown LA. We sometimes would drive home and pass out in the living room or, if we could get there, the bedroom floor.

"Tommy, sit down and eat your fucking waffle." Hailey sighed.

"I'm not hungry."

"You're never hungry. You anorexic fucker." Mick growled.

"I am not anorexic!" Tommy grabbed his waffle and shoved the whole thing is his mouth. "Yeah, that's such an anorexic thing to do!"

Hailey and Mick looked at each other approvingly. By calling Tommy anorexic, anything was possible. I got up, bringing my waffle with me.

"Where you going, Imogene?" Nikki poked his head out of the bathroom. Tommy got up, too, trying to follow me.

"Eat this." I shoved the waffle in his face an wandered into my room. Once I fell on the bed, there was no turning back. I hadn't been in this thing for days. My eyes immediately shut and I slept for what felt like two fucking days.

***

When I finally did wake up, I felt amazing. Tommy apparently had joined me, because he was asleep behind me with his arms around my waist. I touched his arm softly, looking for Mighty Mouse. But he wasn't there. Instead there was a tattoo of barbed wire around his arm instead. Hm, that's new.

"Tommy," I whispered, playing with his fingers. He moved a little bit, but that was it. I reached up and stroked his hair. But his hair was silkier. And come to think of it, he was a bit more tan. I propped myself up to look at him and just about had a stroke.

It wasn't Tommy. It wasn't Nikki. It wasn't Mick. It wasn't Hailey (thank fucking goodness). It was Vince.

I bit my lip to keep from screaming. A few tears ran down my cheeks and I turned so I was facing him. I climbed on top of him and gave him the biggest hug I had ever given. His eyes fluttered open and he stared at me for a moment.

"Hey, babe." He giggled, tightening his hold on me.

No words came when I opened my mouth. I just burst out crying; it was all I could do.

"What are you doing home so early?" I choked.

"Good behavior." He laughed.

"Liar." I smiled through my tears.

"No, I'm serious. I was a good boy." He urged.

I sighed, "Okay, I believe you."

He pulled my face towards him and kissed me for about 20 seconds. "I missed you." He grinned.

"I missed you, too." I sobbed.

"Why are you crying?" He touched my cheek softly.

"Cause I'm fucking ecstatic."

"Oh." I noticed him tearing up, too. "This is like something out of one of those stupid romance movies." He rubbed his eyes.

"I know. I like it." I licked his bottom lip.

He smiled devilishly. "Well, wanna mess around for a few hours?"

I looked at the door. It was closed. "Why not?" He rolled over on top of me and slipped my pants down. The door clicked open and Hailey walked in, holding a bagel.

"Hey, Imogene. Want a bagel?"

"Maybe later, bye."

"No, I'm not making any later. You better take your god-damn bagel right now."

"But I don't want it." I pulled my pants back up as fast as I could.

"You're going to. Hey, Vince. How ya doin'?"

"I'm fine." He said flatly.

"You want a bagel?"

"Sure."

She walked over and handed it to him. He practically bit half of it off from the moment it touched his mouth. I laughed. "Save some for me!"

"You don't get any. You didn't want one, remember?" Hailey sat down next to us.

"Yeah, but now it has Vince spit on it."

"That's kind of gross. Just thought I'd let you know." Hailey raised an eyebrow. "Tommy's looking for you. He's hiding by the stairs."

"Send him in." I shrugged. Vince looked at me in objection. "On second thought, don't."

"Oh, I get it. You want some alone time with Vince."

"Yes. Yes I do."

"In that case... MICK!"

"Augh, you whore." Vince buried his face in the pillow. Mick joined us a second later.

"I need you to watch these two. They want some 'alone time.'"

"Oh, they do?" He smiled. "I'll just make sure they don't cause any trouble."

Vince sighed. "We want alone time. Alone meaning just us. Without you guys."

"Well, the more the merrier." Tommy galloped in.

"We're playing that game again." I said glumly. Tommy bit my arm in response.

"Well, Imogene, we'll do this tonight." Vince winked.

"No we're not. We're having your return party up at the Whiskey." Hailey objected.

"Really?"

"Yep, but you can't drink anything. Remember the Razzle incident?" Tommy laughed.

Vince exhaled deeply. "I'm going to go take a shower." He climbed out of bed.

"Wait a minute... shower?" Tommy stared at him. "Why would you want one of those?"

Vince shot him a death glare before patting my head and walking to the bathroom. I turned to them all.

"Thanks, you guys. Thanks."

"Remember our little rules?" Mick folded his arms across his chest.

"We've fucked before and no one really had a problem with it." I snapped.

"But he's a criminal." Tommy chirped.

"No he's not. Shut up. That was an accident."

"Okay, okay. Hey, Imogene. Remember the time you said you were going to the store and you went to the prison instead?"

"Shut up!" I chucked a beer bottle at him. He laughed.

"What was that?" Mick asked, looking at me and Tommy.

"Nothing." I grumbled.

"No, that was something. Talk."

"There's nothing to talk about." I rolled out of bed and tried to escape the room, but Mick blocked my way. I turned to Tommy. "Very nice, Tommy. You're a really trustworthy person." He looked at the ground. Mick rested his hand on my shoulder and I slapped it off. Tommy ran over and gave me a hug. I didn't hug him back.

"It's nothing, Mick. I'm just being an asshole." Tommy said.

"Well, now Imogene's freaking out, so thanks." Mick muttered.

"I'm sorry. I just wanted to piss her off."

"You succeeded." I snapped.

"Well, if it isn't true, why are you being so pissy over it?" Mick leaned up against the door.

"I don't know, okay?" I spat. Tommy kissed my neck.

"Calm down, calm the fuck down. It's nothing. We're gonna pretend it never happened."

"Alright, alright." I sighed.

Mick still stood there, and Hailey was sitting on the ground like she was a kid watching Sesame Street.

"Well, that was fun. Let's do it again sometime." She said. I rolled my eyes and stormed out of the room with Tommy following me close behind.
♠ ♠ ♠
Vince is back!
Comments? Peas and carrots?