Pandora's Box

I Already Forgot Her

I glanced over at the clock on my bedside table from my position in the middle of my bed, 00:52. I guess Zacky got held up at Matt's talking about tour stuff or drinking beer, probably talking about the beer they would drink on tour.

Unable to sleep I decided there was no harm in starting to pack for Miami. I pulled myself off the bed and towards my closet. After spending thirty minutes folding random shirts, a handful of dresses, some shorts and some jeans into my duffel bag I flopped back on the bed.

Staring up at the white ceiling I suddenly wished I'd just told Zacky when I had seen him earlier in the shop. Why I thought it would be a good idea to tell him later was beyond me now. At this rate I would be calling him from the taxi on my way to the airport.

As I ran my fingers through my hair I screwed my face up at it's greasy texture. Maybe a hot shower would help me get to sleep.

I stood under the almost scalding water and played different scenarios of Zacky's reaction to my trip to Miami through my head. The least I could do was mentally prepare myself. Sometimes he was happy, other times he was skeptical and took a little persuading to be happy but most of the time he was pissed and no amount of persuading worked. Shutting off the water with a sigh I dried myself off and wrapped a towel around my body.

Wandering back down the hall to my bedroom I rationalised the situation in my head. Zacky would just have to see what a great opportunity this was for my career and that it was only for a little while. In the end he would understand.

When I entered my bedroom I found myself in a situation that hadn't come up in any of the scenarios in my head and that no amount of rationalising was going to help.

Zacky was standing by my bed, holding my recently packed duffel bag.

"What the hell is this?"

comments = ♥