Pandora's Box

You Have No Idea

My jaw dropped and I stared at him, "Uh, if you give me a second I can explain."

Zacky just looked back at me, his raised eyebrows urging me to continue.

At this exact moment my mind was drawing a blank. Then I realised there was no way to sugar-coat it, I should just come out and tell him.

"I got a call from Ami, my old boss in Miami, saying he had a guest spot at his shop if I was interested. And I was so I called him and I'm going to be working there for two weeks," I rushed out.

"I thought you couldn't get time off work?" he asked, dropping my bag to the floor.

I shrugged, "Adam pretty much told me to go. He says it could be good for my career, Ami's shop has a pretty good reputation these days."

"This is Ami, ex-boyfriend Ami, right?"

I nodded, there was no way to make that little fact any easier to deal with, "Yeah."

"So you don't want to ask your boss for time off so you can go on tour with your boyfriend and your friends but your ex-boyfriend calls and suddenly you're going to the other side of the country for two weeks?" he crossed his arms over his chest.

I ran a hand through my wet hair, "When you put it like that it sounds like -"

"When I put it like that it sounds like exactly how it is," Zacky said coldly.

I moved past him, further into my room and pulled open a drawer in my dresser, "I can still come and visit you on tour and what does it matter that I'm calling you from Miami instead of Huntington?"

"That's not the point and you know it," Zacky sounded pissed now.

I quickly dropped my towel and pulled a black cotton slip over my head, "Let's just sleep on it and talk in the morning. We're both tired, we'll just end up saying things we don't mean."

He shook his head and walked to the door, "No, we might say things we do mean Aubrey. I don't think I want to stay here tonight. I'll call you later."

I followed him into the hall and down the stairs, "Zacky don't be mad, please. You shouldn't be driving this late. Just stay in the guest room or something."

My front door slammed shut in my face before I caught his reply.

comments = ♥