Pandora's Box

Pandora

Val looked across her kitchen table at Zacky who was peeling the label off his bottle of beer, "Why don't you just call her?"

He shook his head, "And say what? That nothing's changed? I still feel how I feel."

"But you said yourself you didn't let her explain," she reasoned.

"What is there to explain? She'd rather spend two weeks in Miami with her ex than come on tour with us."

Val sighed and defended her friend, "I don't think it was an either or kind of thing."

"What if she doesn't come back?" Zacky asked quietly.

"What do you mean?"

He shrugged, "She told me that the couple of years she lived in Miami were the best of her life. What if she goes back, sees all her old friends, the places she used to hang out and realises that Huntington beach doesn't match up?"

"Sweetie, Miami doesn't have you," Val reached over and patted his arm.

Zacky squirmed in his chair, "No but it has Ami James," he spat.

Val tried to hide her smile, he could be such a kid sometimes.

She tucked some of her blonde hair behind her ear and sighed, "In case you hadn't noticed Zacky, Aubrey kinda loves you, a lot. She and Ami had the kind of relationship that wasn't supposed to last for a long time. She says herself it was just a chemistry thing but with you guys it's deeper than that."

Zacky shrugged, "I'm still mad."

Val rolled her eyes, "Well you have to make up with her sometime soon, it's the Halloween party tomorrow night then she has to leave Thursday morning."

He shrugged again.

"Aren't you coming as a couple to the party?"

"Yeah."

"Well, won't it look a little weird if you guys don't show up together?" Val raised her eyebrows at him.

He shrugged again.

Val rolled her eyes, "You know you have to call her, right? Stop being so fucking stubborn."

comments = ♥