Pandora's Box

Carve Your Way Into My Heart

Double beds were designed for two people for a reason. Lying in mine on my own was weird and well, cold. I missed cuddling up to Zacky in the morning, he made it easier to face the day.

I lay staring at the ceiling, trying to summon the energy to get up. Today was Halloween, my last full day in Huntington before I left for Miami.

I turned my head and looked at my cellphone sitting on the bedside table. I knew without even checking it that he hadn't called or texted.

The temptation to call him was eating me up inside. But after talking with Adam yesterday I realised that Zacky should be happy for me, not pissed. I had never intended to go on tour with him so it wasn't like I was bailing at the last minute and I'm going to work in Miami not for a vacation. I sighed and ran my hands over my tired face, remembering I had a client in an hour I pushed myself out of bed.

After a shower and breakfast I felt a little more alive and drove to work, listening to some angry rock music to wake up my brain.

"So has he pulled his head out his ass and called you yet?"

I stood barely inside the tattoo shop, my hand still holding open the glass door as I stared at an awfully perky Sid, "No. What are you doing here so early?"

He shrugged, wriggling further down in his chair and crossed his ankles on the desk, "I'm not early, I'm on time."

"Which is early for you," I smiled, sliding my sunglasses on top of my head.

"Happy Halloween by the way," Sid smiled and I noticed he was wearing a shirt with a pumpkin on it, not dissimilar to one Zacky owned.

I tossed my bag onto the counter of my work station, which Sid had thoughtfully covered with a paper garland of black cats and ghosts, and dropped down onto my stool, "Happy's a word for it. I have to go to Matt and Val's party tonight, alone. Do you think I could bail, say I'm packing?"

"No," Sid shook his head, "You never know, Zacky might call or show up or something and everything will be okay."

I rolled my eyes, "Or maybe hell will freeze over."

"It is Halloween," Sid smiled.

comments = ♥