Pandora's Box

Sneak Your Way Into My House

Standing in front of the mirror in my bedroom I screwed my face up at myself. Zacky hadn't called or shown up at the shop as Sid had said he would so I was going to go to Val and Matt's costume party alone.

I smoothed the short skirt of my sailor costume self-consciously. Fidgeting with the red and white striped tube top I was wearing underneath the blue dress I turned to look at the view from the back. The skirt just about covered my ass, as long as I didn't bend down, and the top of my back was exposed. White thigh highs with little white bows at the back covered my legs, red pumps finished off the outfit.

Some of my curled red hair was pinned under my little white sailor's hat and the rest tumbled down over my shoulders. My make-up was pretty simple, eyeliner, mascara and red lipstick.

As I clasped a short strand of large white beads around my neck my cellphone began vibrating.

'Zacky calling' flashed across the screen.

Forgetting I was wearing heels I almost toppled over in my haste to answer it.

"Hey," I said breathlessly.

"Uh, hey it's me. Are you still going to this thing tonight?" Zacky asked.

I sat down on my bed, "Yeah, it's the last time I'll see you guys before tour."

"Right. So do you need a ride?"

I bit my lip to stop my smile, "Sure, I'm ready when you are."

"See you in a few."

I flipped my phone shut and looked at it for a couple of seconds, checking I hadn't just imagined the phone call.

Okay so it wasn't an apology or a deep and meaningful conversation but it was a start.

comments = ♥