Pandora's Box

I know That I'll Regret What I Did

The ride to Matt and Val's was tense to say the least, the air inside Zacky's car was buzzing with words that needed and wanted to be said but that refused to leave either of our mouths.

Both sides of the street were lined with cars and I could practically feel the bass through the ground, seeing as this was kind of a send off for the guys going on tour I knew tonight was going to be a hell of a party.

As we walked up the concrete path to the front door that was flanked by pumpkins I took the opportunity to check out Zacky's costume. He was dressed head-to-toe in white; white Vans slip-ons, white pants, a white Captain's blazer complete with gold buttons and epaulets and a white Captain's hat.

His rough hand slid into mine as he pushed open the door and we entered the large house. We weaved our way through the crush of bodies dressed in weird and wonderful costumes until we found some of our friends.

Squeezing into the kitchen we found Lacey, Johnny, Michelle and Brian. I smiled at Lacey in her nurse's uniform and Johnny with a bloody bandage around his head and his left arm in a sling. Michelle was wearing a cop uniform that consisted of a very tight, low-cut shirt and a short black skirt beside her Brian stood dressed as a convict in striped pants and shirt, a pair of handcuffs attached to his wrist.

"Aye aye Cap'n," Brian saluted Zacky with his bottle of beer.

Zacky laughed and dropped my hand to grab a bottle of his own from the cooler on the counter.

"You guys all look awesome," I smiled.

"You're looking pretty cute yourself," Michelle nodded at my outfit.

"Hey Aubrey," I turned to see Cameron, the guys' artist friend, "I heard you got a guest spot over in Miami."

"Yeah, back at Ami and Chris's shop. It should be good."

He nodded, "You're a good artist, it's about time you got some exposure."

I chanced a glance at Zacky to see him scowling into his beer bottle and rolled my eyes. What made it worse was that it was painfully obvious to everyone around us that things were still weird between us.

Even Cam sensed the tension, "Hey, there's a couple of people who'd love to meet you."

"Uh, sure," I smiled, grateful for the chance to escape.

"So I get the feeling Zacky isn't too stoked about you leaving?" Cam asked as we dodged a very drunk zombie in the hallway.

I shrugged, "I think it's cause I'm going back to work for my ex that's the problem."

"Were you guys together long?"

"Almost two years," I moved out of the way of Jimmy and Leana, dressed as a teacher and his student, stumbling upstairs.

Cam nodded, "Well, I can't say I blame the guy for being a little mad. I mean that's a lot of history."

As he lead me over to the people he wanted me to meet I thought about his comment. Maybe he had a point, but Zacky knew he didn't have to feel insecure about Ami and I's relationship, right?

comments = ♥