Pandora's Box

As I Throw My Life Away

Matt pulled the passenger side door open and held his hand out to me, I placed my smaller hand in his and let him pull me towards my house.

"Are you going to tell me the real reason you needed to leave?" Matt asked, shoving his hands in his pant pockets, he had removed his red devil horns in the car on the way over.

"Zacky," I shrugged as I fumbled with the key.

He nodded as I pushed the door open to the dark and empty house, suddenly I was wishing we were back at the party, "Do you wanna come in for a coffee?"

"Sure," Matt smiled and followed me into the kitchen.

I flicked on the coffee machine and leaned against the counter.

"You know you can talk to me, right? I'm your friend as well as Zacky's," Matt leaned his back against the counter next to me.

I looked over at him, "You were Zacky's friend first."

"So?"

"So you'll be biased towards him," I explained, pulling the pins out of my hair and tossing my sailor's hat on the counter.

"What makes you so sure?" Matt raised his eyebrows at me, "He might be my friend but I can still tell when he's being an ass."

I sighed and turned around so that my back was against the counter, "I get that he's mad or jealous or whatever but not talking about it just makes me so fucking frustrated."

Matt moved in front of me and wrapped his arms around my waist, "It'll get better."

"I'm not so sure anymore," I mumbled into his chest.

I felt his hand tangle in my hair and I looped my arms around his torso. It felt so good to be close to someone again, to feel safe and protected in one pair of arms.

Matt leaned back and brushed my hair off my face, "Zacky doesn't know what he's missing."

I scanned his handsome face and saw the serious expression that graced it. Although I knew we had both had a little bit to drink at the party neither of us were drunk or unaware of our actions.

We seemed to gravitate together.

His lips found mine and grazed them teasingly, my hands clutched the back of his shirt as I leaned up on my tip-toes to deepen the kiss. Even in heels he was taller than me.

His arms slid down my sides to my hips leaving a trail of blazing skin behind them. The feeling shot up my spine as I dragged my hands up his strong arms, feeling his muscles twitch as I did so.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and bit down on his bottom lip as his right hand disappeared up my short skirt. He growled low in his throat, the vibrations ran through his chest and against mine.

Part of my brain was screaming at me to stop, that I couldn't do this to to Zacky, to Val, to myself. But a bigger part was telling me that I needed this, to feel loved and cherished and wanted.

Before I knew it my legs were around his waist and he was carrying me upstairs to my bedroom, our lips never leaving each others.

comments = ♥