Pandora's Box

You Know That I'm Spoken For

Whenever the shop was quiet I liked to doodle, whether it be new tattoo ideas or random thoughts. Today's effort was starting to take the form of a sacred heart with stylised flames and a banner across the front.

I looked up from the sketchpad in my lap when I heard the door open, "It's about time you showed your face."

"Sorry, I slept through the alarm," Sid, my close friend and colleague, perched on the edge of the table, that served as our front desk, I was sitting behind.

"Late night parting again?" I raised an eyebrow at him. His skinny frame was covered in what looked suspiciously like yesterday's clothes, though it was hard to tell with his limited wardrobe.

Sid met my green eyes with his blue ones, "You hang out with A7X so you can't say anything about late night partying."

"True," I smirked, pushing my dark framed glasses further up my nose.

"Has it been busy?" he asked, attempting to flatten the platinum blonde hair that was sticking out from his head like he'd been dragged through a hedge backwards.

I shook my head, "Matt came by earlier but that was about it."

"Oh, the lovely Matt, huh? How can you be that close to such a fine specimen of a man and not want to jump his bones I'll never know," Sid sighed dramatically.

I laughed, "Maybe because I have a boyfriend who is good friends with Matt, who's girlfriend I also happen to be rather good friends with?"

Sid shrugged, "Minor details."

I rolled my eyes at him, "You have the loosest morals of anyone I know."

"And that's saying something," Sid raised his eyebrows at me.

I nodded and laughed as Adam, the owner of the tattoo shop and Sid and I's boss, came through the door.

"I'm glad my employees seem to enjoy their work so much," he smiled as he dumped a cardboard box of supplies on the desk.

"And this would be my cue to leave," I stood up with a smile and collected my sketchbook and pencils.

"Aw come on, we just got here, don't abandon us already," Sid pouted.

"As much as I would love to hang around here and keep you guys company I have things to do and people to see."

"More like things to see and people to do," Adam smirked.

"So you're going to meet Zacky then?" Sid grinned.

I looked up from slipping my glasses into their case and rolled my eyes at the two men, "Yes I'm going to see my boyfriend. Is that such a big deal?"

Sid shrugged, "No of course not. Just, use protection!" he yelled as I pushed open the glass door of the shop and walked out to my car.

I swear the only reason they came into work most days was to make fun of me.

comments = ♥