Pandora's Box

You Don't Even Care

Matt glanced at the door of the bus as it opened and Val appeared, followed closely by Zacky and Aubrey.

He almost choked on his beer when he saw the short redhead in her pretty blue dress and her fingers intertwined with his bandmate's.

"Look who I found wandering around the parking lot," Val smiled, sitting down next to her boyfriend.

"It about time you showed up Vengeance," Brian smiled as he stood up and pulled Aubrey into a hug, "And it's about time you showed up to stop him being so fucking miserable."

A soft blush graced her cheeks as she moved out of his embrace and tucked her hair behind her ear, "Well I'm here now."

"How long are you playing to stay?" Val asked.

Aubrey shrugged and finally looked at Matt, "For as long as I'm welcome."

"Guess you're here for the long haul then," Val grinned, "Now sit down and tell me all about Miami."

Matt tried to block out her soft voice, tried to focus on his friend's conversation about the show tonight. It worked, for a little while at least. He still felt the urge to sneak glances at her.

The way she crossed her ankles, folded her hands in her lap, absentmindedly tucked her hair behind her ear. It all reminded him of their night together, the feeling of her soft skin of his rough hands, the weight of her petite body on top of his larger one.

He had spent the last two weeks telling himself it had been a mistake, a one-night stand, something that wasn't to be repeated. But in the last ten minutes she had been sitting in the same air space as him that had gone to hell and the same old feelings were bubbling up again.

Suddenly he couldn't wait for tour to end but at the same time he was looking forward to the next six weeks.

comments = ♥