Pandora's Box

What You Mean To Me

My first couple of days on tour had been spent almost entirely with Zacky or Val and I had managed to avoid Matt for the most part.

Tonight was one of the few nights we would get to spend in a hotel and everyone was more than happy to sleep in a proper bed rather than the bunks.

Somehow I had managed to leave my tattoo kit on the bus, I had no intention of working tonight but there was no way I was letting more than $3000 worth of equipment out of my sight. Pulling the hood of my long white hoodie over my head I ran across the dark parking lot to our vacant bus.

Unlocking the door I bounced up the steps and flicked on the light in the front lounge.

I jumped when I saw a familiar figure on the couch, "What the hell are you doing here?"

"Hello to you too," Matt smiled, showing his dimples.

I rolled my eyes, "I wasn't expecting anyone to be here. Why aren't you in the hotel?"

"Wanted to be alone," he shrugged.

I raised my eyebrows and nodded, "I'll just get what I came for and get going then."

Fixing my hoodie and wishing I was wearing jeans instead of cropped black leggings I made my way through to the bunk part of the bus. Pulling out the drawer under my designated sleeping area I reached into the back and pulled out the black box that was home to my most prized possession.

"More tattooing?"

I jumped again, Matt had apparently decided to follow me, "No, I just didn't want to leave it on the bus."

"Good idea," he mused, "So are you ever going to talk to me?"

I stood up and shrugged, realising just how cramped the bunk area was, "I don't know, it depends."

"On what?" he folded his arms across his muscular chest.

"On if we can forget what happened or not. Personally it was the biggest mistake I've ever made," I told him.

"You obviously haven't made as many mistakes as me if cheating on your boyfriend is the biggest," he smirked.

I hugged my box to my chest and stared him dead in the eye, "I didn't just cheat on my boyfriend, I cheated on a good friend too."

"I noticed you and Val had been extra friendly since you showed up. Guilt getting to you?" he asked.

I looked down and swallowed hard, "I wish we had never slept together."

"Just you keep telling yourself that."

Frowning I looked up again and opened my mouth to retaliate but Matt continued.

"You know it was good, and you know if we did it again it would be better. You and I aren't a one time thing Aubrey, you should realise that."

"If it has anything to do with me it will be," I stormed past him and out of the bus, running back to the hotel.

As I stood in the elevator I pressed my forehead against the cool metal wall, knowing that what Matt had said was partly true.

comments = ♥