Pandora's Box

By The Time I Come Home

Zacky was in the shower when I got back to our hotel room. Setting my box of tattooing equipment on the dresser I kicked off my leopard print pumps and collapsed back on the bed. Pushing my hair off my face I stared up at the shiny gold light fixture above me.

What Matt had said was bugging me. Sure, I had always been attracted to him on a physical level but I had never intended it to go as far as sleeping together. He was my friend and nothing more. Zacky was the one I had a connection with, the one I could have conversations with, who I could express myself with. Why Matt thought we were going to happen again was beyond me because I made it a rule to not repeat my mistakes.

"Did you get your stuff?"

I jumped and looked over at Zacky, I hadn't heard the shower go off or the bathroom door open so his appearance was a bit of a surprise, "Yeah. Did you have a nice shower?"

He flopped down next to me, "Makes a change from showering in sweaty venues."

I smiled and watched a drop of water trail down his inked chest, "Thanks for bringing me with you."

Zacky turned onto his side and I felt his eyes study my face, "Thanks for agreeing to come with me."

"I'm sorry for the way I reacted when you told me you'd spoken to Adam. I know you were just trying to do something nice."

He slid his hand in my hair and brought his face closer to mine, "You don't have to apologise for anything."

My eyes fluttered closed as his thumb caressed my temple and his lips pressed softly on mine. Placing my hands on his damp chest I deepened the kiss, crushing our lips together. Zacky's other hand found my waist and pulled my body on top of his.

Maybe this is what I needed to get Matt out of my head. I didn't love him, I love Zacky.

Being around him again was making me remember why.

comments = ♥