Pandora's Box

Take Off My Clothes

Pregnant.

I let the word bounce around my brain as I sat in the tiny bathroom on the bus. Like most other girls I had always imagined myself having kids at some point in my life. The only thing was in my mind a career, a nice house and a loving husband had always come before the kids. This was what I wanted but in the wrong order. I was at the very bottom rung of my career ladder, Zacky and I had only been dating for eight and a half months and I still rented my little house in Huntington. And there was also the slight possibility that the baby could be Matt's. It was six weeks ago we slept together. I pushed that thought to the back of my mind, which already felt full to bursting point.

How was I supposed to raise a baby?

"Aubrey?" a voice called through the flimsy door, "It's Zacky. Are you okay?"

I leaned forward in my seat on the toilet to rest my elbows on my knees and bury my head in my hands.What a question to ask.

"Aubrey, can I come in?" Zacky asked softly.

Standing up I unlocked the door and he squeezed into the tiny space with me.

"Are you alright, still feeling sick?" he asked as I locked the door again.

I shook my head and swallowed hard. Now was as good a time as any to tell him, right?

"I have to tell you something."

"Okay," he sat on the closed toilet and looked up at me.

"You know Val took me to the doctor's this morning?" I asked.

He nodded, "Yeah and he gave you pills for your kidney infection."

"Well he ran some other tests and stuff when I was there," I swallowed again, wringing my hands together.

"Everything's okay though, the doctor didn't find anything else?"

I took a deep breath, "Um, he kind of did. I'm pregnant Zacky."

He blinked a couple of times then looked down at the dull beige floor.

I bit my lip and tried not to cry for the second time in a day.

"Zack?" I asked quietly.

"A baby?" he asked softly, looking up at me.

I nodded, "Yeah."

Suddenly a smile slid onto his lips and he pulled me into his lap, "Shit, a fucking kid."

"Yeah," I repeated, it seemed to be the only word my brain could supply my mouth with at the moment.

"Holy shit," he laughed softly.

"You're not mad?" I asked.

He shook his head, "A little shocked but not mad, no."

"Good," I nodded.

"Are you?"

I shook my head, "No. I don't really know what I am right now. Confused I think," I rubbed my forehead with my hand.

He kissed my cheek softly, "We'll figure it out."

comments = ♥