Pandora's Box

My Nerves

"Holy shit Red. You couldn't wait til you got back home to drop the drama on me?"

After practically shoving Zacky out of the hotel room to go out with the rest of the guys I had called Sid to fill him in on the latest development.

"This is serious, Sid," I sighed, lying back on the bed.

"No shit," he scoffed, "What are you going to do?"

I shrugged and ran my free hand over my face.

"There's more," I said quietly, not sure if I even wanted to tell my best friend what I had done.

"You know you can tell me anything Aubrey."

I bit my lip, tears in my eyes, "Promise this won't go any further?"

"Cross my heart and hope to die," Sid said, he sounded weird when he was being serious.

I took a deep breath, "There's a chance the baby might not be Zacky's."

There was silence on the line for a couple ofdays seconds, "Shit. Who else could -"

"Matt," I blurted out, the tears now flowing freely as I stood up and began to pace the room, "I'm such a horrible, horrible person. I feel like such a little slut."

"Aubrey, you are not horrible and you are not a slut. Now stop crying and sit down. Put your head between your knees and calm down."

Sid's abrupt authority shocked me into following his instructions.

"Tell me what I should do Sid," I whimpered, crumpled in the armchair in the corner of the room.

"You just concentrate on calming the fuck down and let me think for a second."

"Okay," I murmured, usually it was me helping him fix his stupid mistakes.

He cleared his throat loudly before he spoke, "Okay, have you told Zacky about you and Matt?"

"No, you're the only person that knows."

"Good. Don't tell him."

"But -"

He cut me off, "Are you ever going to sleep with Matt again?"

"No," I shook my head.

"Do you love Zacky?"

I paused and squeezed my eyes shut, "I think so."

"That's good enough. Don't tell Zacky, you'll only break his heart. Don't tell Val, cause sweetie I hate to tell you but you've been stupid enough already, don't jeopardise your friendship with her any more than you already have."

I swallowed hard and wiped the almost dry tears off of my cheeks, "Okay, done. What else?"

Sid sighed softly, "Love the one you're with and raise your baby together."

"What if it's not his?" I almost whispered, pulling at a loose thread on Zacky's boxers that I was currently sporting.

"As of now the father of your child is Zacky Baker. You will enjoy being pregnant and in a little under eight months you will give birth to a beautiful, healthy baby and I shall be known as Cool Uncle Sid."

"I wish it was that simple," I smiled at his optimism.

"Who says it can't be?"

comments = ♥