Pandora's Box

Your Body Is Quaking

"I can't wait to get home, man," Matt sighed as he stretched his arms out in front of him.

Zacky nodded beside him, fixing the strap of his guitar, "I need to remember to go to the doctor's office with Aubrey."

"I thought she got her thing sorted?" Matt asked.

Zacky blinked, not realizing he had spoken aloud, "Uh, she did," he rubbed the back of his neck, Aubrey didn't want to tell people about the baby just yet, not until they knew everything was okay.

"So why does she have to go back?"

He shifted his weight from foot to foot, "She didn't want me to say anything but fuck, if I can't tell you, who can I tell?"

Matt frowned, "Tell me what?"

"She's pregnant," Zacky smiled as his friend's eyebrows shot up.

"Shit."

Zacky's smile grew to a grin, "Tell me about it. Fucking scared out of my mind, man. How the hell am I supposed to help her raise a kid?"

Matt shook his head and shrugged, apparently still too shocked to form coherent sentences.

"I mean it wasn't planned, obviously. And it's not exactly a great time, with the new album coming out and everything. But she's only like, six weeks gone or something so there's plenty of time to organise everything," Zacky continued to ramble.

"How does Aubrey feel about it?" Matt asked, having found his voice again.

Zacky shrugged, "She's still getting used to it I think but she's happy. We both are."

Matt nodded, staring out into the empty venue they were currently sound checking in.

Zacky plucked a few strings on his guitar and fiddled with it a little, a small smile on his face. Okay, so Aubrey being pregnant hadn't happened at the best possible time, they would both have preferred to be a little older, a little more settled down.

But sometimes life throws you a curveball and you just have to deal with it.

comments = ♥