Pandora's Box

My Fate

Standing at the side of the stage I smiled as I watched my boyfriend move around the stage as if he was born to be there. We were finally home, this was the guy's last show before they had a week off then it was over to Europe for more shows. I had elected to stay in Huntington, not wanting to take more time off work and Zacky had agreed, figuring all the traveling and the full schedule wouldn't really benefit mine or the baby's health.

I smiled as I lay my hand on my stomach, I was almost two months pregnant and was starting to feel excited about the prospect of having a baby with Zacky. What Sid had said the night I had called him in a blind panic had really sunk in. The odds were that the baby was Zacky's as Matt and I had only slept together once and being a father was more than just providing the sperm.

There was a little break between songs and the guy's took the chance to get their breath back and grab a drink of water. Zacky did neither, instead he spoke into his microphone.

"So, a lot of you guys have known us for a long time. We have a lot of friends and family here with us tonight. Including five special ladies hanging out at the side of the stage," he motioned toward me, Val, Leana, Lacey and Michelle.

We all rolled our eyes at him and smiled.

He continued, "I wanted to take this opportunity, at our homecoming show, in front of our friends to ask one of them something. Aubrey, could you come out here?"

My jaw dropped as I looked around at my friends who were all smiling devilishly, "What the hell is he doing?"

Leana shrugged, "I don't know but I think you should get your butt out there."

With the help of a little shove in the right direction from Michelle and Val I walked out onto the bright stage. I shook my head at Zacky as he held his hand out to me, a wicked grin on his handsome face. Standing under the hot lights I suddenly wished I was a little better dressed than a pair of dark skinny jeans, an old Misfits shirt that was slashed to pieces across the back and a pair of black Converse.

Placing my hand in Zacky's he squeezed it gently, kneeling down in front of me.

"What the hell are you doing Zacky?" I whispered.

He glanced between me and the several hundred people in the crowd, "Proposing."

"Why?"

"Because you're pregnant and this is the right thing to do. We can make this work. Please, just take the ring so I don't look like a total ass," Zacky asked.

I nodded and he slid the beautiful diamond ring on my finger.

"Can we talk about this later?" I asked him as he hugged me tight.

"Sure," he said quietly before kissing me passionately, much to the enjoyment of the screaming audience.

Stretching an almost genuine grin across my face I looked anywhere but in Matt's direction. I don't know why but it felt like I was cheating on the wrong guy.

comments = ♥