Pandora's Box

Against This Temptress

After the show Zacky and I ended up in an empty dressing room.

"So," Zacky started, "You wanted to talk?"

I nodded as I paced the room, "I need to know if the only reason you asked me to marry you is because I'm pregnant."

"Well, yeah," he shrugged from his seat on the saggy couch, "I mean I care about you and everything like that but with the baby and all, marriage seems like the right thing to do."

I shook my head and ran my hands over my face, "That's one of the reasons we shouldn't do it."

"One of the reasons? What are the other reasons?" Zacky asked.

I bit down on my lip so hard that I thought I could taste blood, "It's just... I always thought that when I got married it would be because I was in love. Not because it was the right thing to do. Which it isn't."

"Why are you so against this? Having this kid together means we're going to be in each others lives forever so we might as well try and make a go of it," Zacky sat forwards, elbows on his knees and his chin resting in his hands.

I took a deep, shaky breath, "I can't marry you Zacky because I can't be sure that the baby is yours."

"You can't be sure the baby's mine?" he asked.

"No, I can't," I looked down at the suddenly very interesting carpet.

"Well who the fuck else could be the father?" he looked up at me, an anger I had never seen before flashing in his eyes.

"No one you know. It was just a one time thing. It just happened, I didn't mean for it to but it did," I rambled, desperate to make him see that I hadn't intended to hurt him.

"When? I mean you're what, eight weeks gone?" Zacky thought out loud, "Around the time you were in Miami."

I could see the cogs turning in his head, I could see the conclusion he was about to jump to.

"Was it Ami?"

"No," I shook my head violently, "It was just a guy I used to know. It didn't mean anything."

"Well it sure as hell means something now," Zacky stood up.

"Where are you going?"

"Out. I really don't wanna be around you right now or for the foreseeable future," he replied, addressing a spot over my shoulder.

comments = ♥