Pandora's Box

I Know I'll Regret This Forever

After Zacky had stormed out I sunk down on the couch and collected myself. Deciding I needed some air I grabbed my bag and jacket and walked out into the empty hallway, hoping to slip away unnoticed I headed for the back door of the venue.

"Aubrey," I heard a voice say quietly and a hand grabbed my wrist, pulling me into another empty room.

"How many dressing rooms does this shit hole have?" I grumbled to myself as I turned around to face whoever was so desperate to talk to me.

"Why did you say yes?" Matt asked.

I rolled my eyes and rubbed my forehead, all I wanted to do was go home and escape from the drama for a little while, was that too much to ask?

I shrugged and looked up at him, "It was the right thing to do at the time."

"That's bullshit and you know it," Matt pointed angrily at the floor, "You know Zacky only asked you because of the baby. The baby that might be mine as much as it might be his."

I folded my arms over my chest, "Would you keep your voice down. Enough people are involved in this mess as it is. I know he only asked me because of the baby, okay? That's why I told him."

"You told him?" Matt asked quietly.

I nodded, "I told him that there was a possibility that the baby might not be his. I told him that I cheated on him."

"Did you tell him it was me?"

"No," I shook my head, "Only because I know what it would do to him and to Val. They don't need to know cause all it would do is hurt them and I don't want to do that anymore than I already have," I swallowed back the lump that had suddenly appeared in my throat.

Matt looked at me sympathetically, "What did Zacky say?"

"Nothing. He could barely look at me. He doesn't want to be around me anymore and I honestly can't blame him because I don't want to be around me right now," I turned to leave but Matt grabbed my elbow.

I bit my lip and didn't move, I wasn't going to. I just wanted to go home and cry into an oblivion of self-pity.

"Let me go Matt," I whispered.

After a couple of seconds I felt his fingers drift away from my body.

"If you know what's good for you Matt you'll forget all about this, all about the other girls and realise just how lucky you are to have someone like Val. She loves you no matter what you do. You should really take the time to appreciate that before you throw it away on some cheap fuck."

I should really listen to my own advice.

comments = ♥