Pandora's Box

Throw My Life Away

4 months later

I glanced at the clock on the wall as the knocking at my front door continued.

Slipping a nearby hoodie on over my plaid flannel boxers and black tank top I walked over to the door, "Sid, how many times do I have to tell you, check you have your keys -"

"Hey Aubrey."

I blinked at the man standing on my doorstep and let my eyes slip over him.

He had lost a little weight, his hair was a little shorter but he still had his snakebites and he still made my heart race just by standing there, "Zacky. What are you... how?"

He rubbed the back of his neck, "Adam gave me your new address."

"Oh," I nodded, looking down and pulling the sleeves of Sid's hoodie over my hands self-consciously.

"He told me you lost the baby," he said quietly.

"Karma's a bitch, right?" I shrugged, a tear escaping down my cheek.

Suddenly I was in Zacky's arms, sobbing into his chest, his jacket clenched in my fist as he hugged me tight.

"I'm so sorry Aubrey," he said into my hair.

I shook my head gently, "You don't have anything to apologise for. It was all me. I fucked up one of the best thing's I've ever had."

We moved apart and I dried my cheeks with my sleeves as Zacky rubbed his eyes with his hands.

He broke the silence, "You didn't have to tell me that the baby might not have been mine, you could have kept it a secret. Gone along with the wedding, had the baby. Why didn't you?"

I looked at him, his face etched with curiosity, it was a genuine question, not spiteful point scoring, "I couldn't do that to you. I wasn't going to take you for a ride or a meal ticket, I couldn't do that."

"You could cheat on me though?"

Ouch.

Okay, I deserved that.

I nodded, "I... I don't know what I was thinking, I don't think I was thinking, to be honest."

Zacky nodded and stuffed his hands into the pockets of his jeans.

As I opened my mouth to invite him in out of the cool night breeze he spoke first, "I should get going."

I nodded and mentally shook my head at myself, of course he wanted go. Why would he want to hang around here?

"I'm sorr-"

His lips on mine cut me off and I melted at the familiar feeling of his snakebites against my lip. His hands found my hips and squeezed them gently, my fingers tangled themselves in his hair and I succumbed to the bittersweet kiss.

We drifted apart and he smiled sadly, "Bye."

He turned and walked away, out of my life.

Forever.

"Bye," I whispered into the dark night.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

I just wanted to say a huge thank you to everyone who took the time to read this story, and an especially large 'thanks' to everyone who took the time to comment. I ♥ you all.

If you haven't commented before please comment now, just a 'it was good', 'it was crap' will do, I'm easily pleased.

I don't think there will be anymore Matt/Aubrey/Zacky stories. I pretty much killed any possibility of a sequel, but who knows?

The title of this story and its chapters were the lyrics to Pandora by Madina Lake, a rather sensational band I've had the pleasure of seeing live twice this year and they were pretty awesome both times.

I've got some ideas floating around in my head for a couple of different stories, one a continuation of another one-shot and one a sequel to another story. I'm not decided on what one I'm going to write yet so some of you guys' input would be welcome, after all you are the ones reading it.

Thanks again, I really am lucky to have some of the best readers in cyberspace!

xoxo - glasgow_lass

comments = ♥