Pandora's Box

The Lies

As I sat by the side of the pool I felt my eyes wander over to where Matt was sitting under the large sunshade that covered the table on the other side of the yard. Taking advantage of the dark lenses in my sunglasses I let my gaze sweep over his muscular arms inked with many of my own designs.

"What are you thinking about?" Zacky pulled himself out of the pool beside me.

"Nothing," I smiled, feeling a little rush at almost being caught checking out my boyfriend's best friend, "Just chilling out."

He shook his wet hand at me, splashing water on the multicoloured Mexican skull inked on my lower ribs.

I watched as a few droplets ran down my stomach and were absorbed by the fabric of my bikini, "Having fun?"

Zacky flopped back on the warm stone and folded his arms under his head, "Yeah, just realising how much I have to work out before we start touring next week."

"You'll be fine," I smiled and poked his soft stomach, "All the girls will still be screaming for you."

He glanced up at me, "I wish you were coming."

"I couldn't ask Adam for all that time off," I told him for maybe the millionth time.

"He would have given you it, it's not like you'd never be coming back."

I shrugged, "I didn't want to put him in that situation. I wasn't comfortable taking advantage of our friendship like that. There will be plenty of weekends for me to fly out to see you."

"I guess," he looked up at the clear blue sky.

I rolled my eyes at him, for a grown man he had a tendency to pout and huff when things didn't go his way.

I moved onto my stomach so that our heads were level and he was probably getting a good eyeful of my chest, "We'll just have to make our time together more special. You know, distance makes the heart grow fonder or whatever that saying is."

He glanced over at me, I could see him try hard not to look down my bikini top, "That's true."

"We'd get sick of each other if we had to spend twenty-four hours a day squished together on a bus with everyone else," I reasoned.

"I don't think I'd ever get sick of being squished together with you," Zacky grinned.

I screwed my face up at him but couldn't stop my smile, "You need to get some new lines Vengeance."

He pushed himself up on his elbows and leaned towards me. Gently, his lips pressed against mine. I smiled as I caught his bottom lip between mine, nipping the soft skin with my teeth. His hand caressed my cheek, his fingers tangling in my hair as he crushed our lips together.

Johnny yelling from the pool broke us apart, "There's a time and a place you guys!"

comments = ♥