Pandora's Box

The Sex

As Zacky drove my car back to my house I stared out the window at the passing Huntington scenery. Watching the moonlight illuminate the calm sea I thought back to this morning and what Matt had said about having a 'back-up' if a relationship fails. Then I remembered checking him out at Jimmy's.

I had never thought of Matt like that. Sure I'd always thought he was hot but he was with Val when I met him and therefore immediately off the radar for me. Now I'm with Zacky, so why am I thinking about him like this?

"Are you alright?" Zacky asked, interrupting my train of thought.

I turned my head to look at him, "Huh? Fine. Why?"

He shrugged, his eyes fixed on the road, "You just seem a little quiet that's all."

"Sorry, I'm just tired," I sighed as I ran my hands through my hair.

"Maybe you need to take a break. Some time off work," he suggested, turning into my street.

I rolled my eyes, I knew he was going to attempt to persuade me to go on tour, "I'm just tired, a good night's sleep is all I need. Touring around the country for three months is hardly a break."

We pulled into the driveway of my small but comfortable house and he switched off the engine, "It was just a suggestion and it's only two and a half months."

"Big difference," I scoffed as I pushed open the car door and slammed it shut behind me.

Yes, I know I'm being a bitch for no apparent reason but he would just not stop going on about me not going on tour.

"Don't be pissed off, it was just an idea," Zacky huffed as he leaned against the house while I rifled through my bag for my keys.

Finally finding them I stuffed them in the lock and threw open the shiny red door.

"I'm not pissed, I'm tired," I reiterated, walking down the hallway to the kitchen and opening the refrigerator. For what I don't know.

I stood there with my head in my hands when I felt his presence behind me.

"I know I'm bugging you about tour but I just want you to come with me," he said quietly.

He was being so kind and nice that it made me feel worse about what I was thinking about Matt. Why can't he be an ass to me so I can be mad for a real reason?

His arms slid around my hips and I closed the fridge door, "I'm just," I sighed and shrugged, "I don't know."

"You don't have to make me fight with you just so you won't feel bad about me being gone," Zacky pulled me against his soft chest.

Unwittingly he had provided me with an excuse for my behavior.

I turned in his arms and buried my head in the crook of his neck, "I'd still miss you, even if I hated you."

"Thanks," he laughed, tightening his grip on me.

"No problem," I smiled, running my fingers over the chain he wore, "I think I just need to sleep."

I moved back from him and made my way out of the kitchen.

Zacky grabbed my hand and followed me upstairs, "We still get to have the angry 'we're fighting' sex though, right?"

comments = ♥