Pandora's Box

The Sweat

The next couple of days I was swamped at the tattoo shop. A regular customer had decided to get a full sleeve done on his right arm so it required daily visits of eight hours each, not fun for him, not fun for me. All this work meant that I hadn't seen Zacky since the day we spent at Jimmy and Leana's.

Taking a break from what was hopefully going to be the last session for the sleeve, I glanced at my cellphone and noticed I had a text message from Ami, my old boss from when I worked in Miami.

'Hey Red. Drama down at the shop. Could use your expertise for a little while. Call me.

p.s. Chris and Garver say hi
'

I rolled my eyes, Ami was never much of a communicator.

"What are you making faces at?" Adam asked as he leaned against the counter of my tattoo station.

"A message from Ami. He says he could use me down in Miami for a little while," I told him as I flipped my phone shut.

Adam nodded, "Let me take a look at the books and I'll see if I can spare you for a couple of weeks."

"I wasn't hinting at anything. I mean, I don't know if I want to go or -"

He cut me off with a wave of his hand, "You know how good a reputation Ami and Chris's shop gets, a couple of weeks down there could really boost your reputation. It's about time America knew we've got other talented artists hiding in our tattoo shops."

I shrugged, flattered that a guy like Adam thought I had the skills to really be successful, "I don't know. I don't think Zacky would be too happy."

"Why not?" Adam asked with a frown.

"He asked me to go on tour with him and the guys and I said I didn't want to leave work for that long. Plus there is Ami and I's history and stuff," I squirmed, wishing my client would be ready to go under the needle again soon.

"You and Ami were finished a long time ago, right?"

I nodded, "Since before I came to L.A."

"And you and Zacky are pretty in to each other?"

I grinned, "Yeah."

"Then I don't see what he's got to be upset about," Adam shrugged.

I nodded, not totally convinced. Zacky left for tour in a couple of days so what did it matter to him if he was calling me in Miami instead of Huntington? I flipped my cellphone open again and typed in Ami's number.

Maybe a little time back in Miami would be good for me, it might help get a certain someone out of my head.

comments = ♥