You Won't *** My Friends, but You'll *** My Brother

It's 12:02!

"Michael James Way! It’s 12:02.” Seriously?
“Sorry, Mother.”
“Maybe I should go?” No Alicia. Don’t go.
“No it’s fine. Please stay.”
“ No, really, I ought to be going actually. I had a great time.” And then she kissed me on my check.
Her lips were so soft; they stunned me. “Bye Michael.” Then she left.
“Bye
.” You’re a little late saying bye, Mike.”

“Shut up!”
“It’s so cute how you’re in puppy love.”
“It’s not puppy love; it’s not even love, not yet.”
“Aw your denial is adorable, Michael.”
He really knows how to push my buttons, not believing what I told him, and then what with calling me Michael. Mom is the only one who calls me that, and only when she’s pissed off. Apparently I must have looked angry because Gerard had said,

“Whoa, calm down Mikey, I was just playing around. But she did call you Michael and you didn’t react what so ever.” I gave him a look of don’t test me.
“Hey I’m sorry, no more jokes? I just want to know who’s captured my baby bro’s attention.” He really is annoying, it’s a good thing I love him.
“Fine.”
“So where’d you guys go?”
“To Starbucks for coffee.”
“That’s nice. Tell me about her.”
“Well’s she from Grain Valley, Missouri, she loves cats, works as a tech for Avenged Sevenfold, also she loves history, especially World War II-”
“You remembered all that?”
“What?”
“Mikes, you could write a book on that girl already.”
“What? No, I couldn’t”
“At least admit you like her.”
“I never denied that, Gerard.”
“Well, that’s a start.”

“What do you want me to say Gerard? That I am completely head over heels for her and we have already set a marriage date?”
“No, I just want you to be happy.”
“I am happy.” I said in a stern tone.
“No you’re not. Don’t lie, I’m your brother I know these sorts of things. What’s still bothering you?” Do you really want to know the truth?”
“Yes, of course!”
“I’d like it if you weren’t always drunk.”
His face dropped for a second while he looked at his shoes, then he looked back up to me. “That… seems reasonable. I’ll, I’ll need help, … you know.”
“Gerard. We, meaning, Frank, Bob, Ray, Stacy, and I would and always be willing to help you.” “Okay… I’ll try.” “Thank you, Gerard.” I hugged him, I’m so happy he’s trying now.
“I’ll let you go to sleep, now.” I think he just wants to be left alone. So I did as he said and went to my bunk to try to sleep.

Though try is the key word; I just could not sleep, no matter how hard I tried. I tried lying on my back, lying on my left side, my right side, even my stomach, but I couldn’t even get a wink of sleep. Even juvenile things like counting sheep, couldn’t do it for me, maybe I should try to drink a warm glass of milk? No, that just sounds disgusting.

When I tried lying on my back again, I felt a vibration. It was my cell phone. I was getting a text from Alicia. Apparently she couldn’t sleep. I told her I couldn’t either. Maybe we could go get something from a 24/7 place, but then I remembered we were on the bus. We couldn’t see each other. I asked her if she was on a bus. She told me she was. I had said I was in my bunk on the Mychem bus. I wanted to know if we could possibly see each other again soon. Its hard making plans when on tour and even harder when the other person is on tour too. So I asked her for her schedule. We had three more weeks of being on the same schedule. I was so happy about that. For her fourth week she was going on break. That’s okay; we were going to shoot a video for The Ghost of You. It’s supposed to be like Saving Private Ryan. Hey Alicia likes World War II. She should come. I asked her if she wanted to. Not even five seconds later, she told me she’d love me forever if I brought her. That made me have a shit-eating grin, and feel some thing going on with my heart. It was weird, but good.

The next morning I woke to an obnoxious Gerard nagging me out of my sleep. What in hell did he want at eight in the morning?
“Wakey, Wakey.” Have I ever mentioned how annoying he is?
“What do you want?”
“No need to have an attitude, little brother.”
“What is it Gerard.” What is with his smile? It’s too god damn early for anyone to smile.
“A certain someone is here.”
“If it’s just Stacy, I swear to god-“
“Hi Mikey.” It was Alicia, and I was still in my boxers and a t-shirt. Shit.
“Hey. Um can I go, uh change?” She blushed when I said. And nodded while saying,
“Oh, yeah, sure. I’ll just be in the front of the bus waiting.” She was so cute. I raced to get ready. I finished in record time.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey sorry for the long wait. I really hope you like it!