Status: Finished

Its In The Past, Now Lets Try And Focus On The Future - Alex Gaskarth

Chapter 1

“Were going on tour!” Jersey danced around the living room, “Were going on tour!”
Everyone rolled their eyes and continued watching the television. As Cassadee, Mike, Alex and there good friend Paul, who will be filling in for Elliot for the tour, sat on the couch. They were all trying to not laugh at Jersey and watch the television. Everyone was so distracted and hyped about the tour that no one was really paying attention to the quiet dark haired girl sitting on the far end of the couch.

And as I sat there quietly with my knees pulled up to my chest I couldn’t help but not smile at the commotion around me. I sighed quietly and looked across the room, and I made eye contact with Cassadee. She gave me a small smile, knowing what was running through my mind.

“Willow, can you come help me pack?” Cassadee spoke up. I nodded my head and followed her up to her room. I walked in behind her and jumped on her bed.

“What’s up with you Will?” She said as she through a pair of skinny jeans into her empty suitcase.

“Do you even have to ask?” I sighed, staring up at the sealing with my hands behind my head.

“You know I’m not forcing you to come with us, rite?” She said sitting next to me, “I know it’s going to be tuff, but it’s been three years”

“I know,” I sighed, “But I moved down here to get away from it, and I’m doing so much better and I worried that once I see them, him, and all this hard work will be for nothing.” I said trying to block out painful memories that were trying to force their way from the deep dark depths of brain were I forced them.

“Will, you don’t give yourself enough credit,” Cassadee said lightly slapping my arm, “You’ve worked so hard and come such a long way, I don’t doubt you for a second” She smiled at me.

“Thanks Cass,” I said for pulling her into a tight hug, “For everything: for letting me come stay with you, to giving me a job, everything.”

“Eh, what are cousins for” She laughed and waved me off, “On a lighter note, lets pack!”

Several hours later Cassadee and I were fully packed and ready to leave bright and early for Connecticut, which was the first stop on the tour. I ran down the stairs with my helmet in my hand.

“I’m going to go for a ride boys and Cassadee,” I said slipping on my black motorcycle boots. I went down the front stairs and walked around the side of the house to my crotch rocket.

The sun beat down on my back as I headed for the back country roads. My simple black tank top was all that I needed in the hot Florida sun. I loved the feeling of being on my bike. It made me feel completely unstoppable. As I skillfully winded down the curvy open roads I allowed my mind to wonder back to high school.

Some say high school is the best time in one’s life, but for me that statement is completely false. High school is the skeleton, or should I say skeletons, that are hiding in my closet. The only people that know what happened then were the ones that were directly involved, and Cassadee. But not even Cassadee knows everything.

Now, that I am allowing myself to think about it, the only one that knows the whole and complete truth is the one person who was actually there from the beginning to the bitter end. He wasn’t the cause, but he certainly added fuel to the flames. I guess you could say he knows the truth, the whole truth.

Now having to see him again and knowing that he will be looking at me with those judging eyes which will most likely be fixed in a glare.

I rounded another corner and pulled over to the grass. I pulled off my helmet and climbed off my bike and looked out into the ocean. This stretch of beach was always disserted, which is why I come here.

As I sat there looking off into the setting sun, I realized that I really wasn’t sure if I was ready to come face to face with Alex Gaskarth again.