Status: Finished

Its In The Past, Now Lets Try And Focus On The Future - Alex Gaskarth

Chapter 6

My thoughts were stopped when suddenly Jack picked me up and spun my around in his sweaty arms. I yelped and giggled.

“You are so sweaty!” I yelled at him as he sat me down and I faced the four members of All Time Low. The smile on my face mirrored the one on Jack and Rian’s. Alex looked really nervous and Zach was not even paying attention.

“So,” Jack paused, “What did you think!? Tell me!” He said jumping up and down. I once again scanned their faces my eyes locking with Alex’s.

“You guys are fucking amazing.”I said and as the last word left my mouth a smile broke out on Alex’s face that mirrored Jack and Rian’s and I actually got a half smile out of Zach, who was now paying attention. “My jaw like literally hit the floor, you guys were fantastic!”

They all thanked me happily. Zach soon left to do who knows what and Rian and Jack began to talk happily with me. Alex kind of stood to the side observing us with a small mile on his face.

I would occasionally look over at him but his facial expression never changed.

~x0x~

I looked at Rian, Jack and Willow with a genuine smile on his face.

Seeing Jack and Rian talk with Willow so easily made me happy. They had accepted her back into their lives without a second thought, yet I wasn’t able to do that. The smile dropped from my face almost immediately and as I looked up Willow’s eyes met mine. This seemed to be happening a lot tonight, but the look of concern that was now on her face made me realize she noticed the change in my facial expression.

“You okay Alex?” She asked interrupting the conversation that she was having with Jack and Rian, who both turned to look at me.

“Uh,” I stated now embarrassed that all the attention was on me. “I’m fine.” I said. Jack and Rian shrugged and went back to talking, but Willow’s eyes remained on me and once again we were staring at each other.

She was still able to tell that I was lying. She was the only person who has ever been able to read me that easily and even though we hadn’t spoken to each other in three years she was still able to. It was hard for me to grasp unfortunately.

I gave her a small smile and turned and headed back towards the direction of the bus. Once I was outside I slowly walked towards the bus, my mind racing with thoughts.

I had been so nervous to know what she thought about our show and it made me ecstatic that she liked us. She probably had never actually heard one of our songs so she probably doesn’t know that most of them are about her.

I sighed and watched my breath disappear into the cool night air.

I was letting this get to me and thinking about it too hard. Jack had told me to just let it go, but I just couldn’t. I needed to try harder to focus on the good, a lot harder.

Then it dawned on me, she still to this day knew everything about me. She was able to tell I was lying. Jack and Rian didn’t even seem to notice! She still was the same Willy I knew back then, the drugs and alcohol only masked it, and they didn’t change it.

There once again was a smile on my face. Now it was a matter of still trying not to think about it and it not being awkward between us like it was this morning.