Status: Finished

Its In The Past, Now Lets Try And Focus On The Future - Alex Gaskarth

Chapter 8

I stood in the shadows next to the building as I heard Willow raise her voice to Andrew.

“He just can’t let go of the past! It’s as if he just constantly wants to remind me of all the mistakes I made and all the pain I put him through!” Willow screamed.

That wasn’t my intention, I was trying, but I was making it to hard.

The door flew open and Willow stormed out. I watched as she cried and trashed her board. I could have easily went over to her and apologized and told her I forgave her and that I was in love with her, but I, of course, choose to watch her break down. I watched as she stormed to the Hey Monday’s bus sobbing.

I slide down the brick wall and sighed. I just pasted up the best opportunity in the world to fix everything and I just watched it storm away, crying, because of something I did.

The door opened and I saw Andrew walk out, he looked around, probably looking for Willow, but he saw me hiding in the corner like the pussy that I am.

“Yo bro,” He said sitting next to me, “What the hell is going on?” I decided I needed to tell someone, and I was going to trust Andrew with that.

“What I am going to tell you need to stay between us to or I will kill you,” I told him, turning my body towards his, he shook his head okay, “I was jealous of you and her. Willow and I have an extremely rocky past and she broke my heart back in high school and she didn’t even know it. I had yet to let go all the pent up anger I had, but I was trying. Something happened a couple days ago that reminded me that she was the same Willow I feel in love with all those years ago. But when I went to talk to her she was with you and has been the last couple of days and when saw her on stage dancing and singing with you I lost it.”

“Before you continue,” Andrew interrupted, “There is nothing going on between Willow and me, and the whole tour knows you have a claim on her, you can tell how you feel about her, it’s so obvious.” I let his words sink in, was it that obvious?

“That’s beside the point, I just blew the perfect opportunity to apologize and tell her how I feel.” I said.

“Man,” he said, patting my shoulder, “There will be other opportunities. You’ll know when the time is right.” With that he stood up and headed towards his bus.

I sighed. I sure hope he was right. I needed to fix this and make Willow mine. It was definitely long overdue.
~x0x~

I woke up around eight the next morning, still in my clothes from yesterday. I slowly got out of bed and walked to the small bathroom. When I first got a glimpse at my expression I winched. My make up was smudged down my face and my eyes were red rimmed and puffy. I quickly washed my face and headed towards my suite case.

I sighed as I pulled on my brown slouchy boots. I needed to go get a new board but I mostly wanted to get away before everyone woke up and started asking questions. I grabbed my purse and tip toed out of the bus.

It was sunny out and I slipped on my black ray bans. I looked around and headed in the direction of what looked like down town. I stopped by a star bucks and got a white hot chocolate.

I strolled down the street window shopping and sipping my drink slowly. Up ahead I saw a sign in the shape of a skateboard. It had the words ‘Rusty’s’ written on it. I smiled and walked through the door.

“Well good morning young lady,” The man behind the counter said, “What brings you in here?”

“Good morning,” I started walking up to the counter, “I broke my board yesterday and am in need of a new one.”

“Well, you’ve came to the right place,” he motioned with his hands all the boards and parts located all over the store.

“I was hoping that you had something with zebra print,” I said with a smile.

“Of course, I just got a shipment of new ones in this morning; let me go grab one out back!” He said as he headed through a back door. He came back with a board and a huge smile formed on my face.

“Oh my gosh!” I exclaimed, “It’s absolutely perfect!” I took it from him and examined it. I laughed when I realized it was glamour kills board. I hadn’t seen it before it must be new.

“I’m going to need a new set of trucks and wheels also,” I said, thinking about my destroyed board.

“No problem!” Rusty exclaimed. He grabbed what I needed and rung me out. I thanked him again and headed out the door. I looked across the street and saw a park. I headed towards it and sat on a bench.

I had put together the whole deck and couldn’t wait to break it in. I looked at the time and realized I’d been gone for almost 3 hours. I started my very slow what back to the bus. When I approached the buses, I could see Jack, Alex and Cassadee talking.

When they saw my approaching their conversation instantly stopped.

“What the hell have you been Will?” Cassadee said.

“Sorry,” I mumbled, “I needed a new board,” I said while holding my board out in front of me. She nodded in understanding while Alex just stared at me.

After that no one said anything, no one knew what to say. I took a chance and looked at Alex. He was now looking at his shoes. He looked a mess, like I had this morning. His hair was a mess, his eyes were red, and he was wearing the same clothes as last night. He didn’t look like he was going to make any attempt to talk to me. At that point I decided that I couldn’t go through that heart break again. I would not allow myself to.

If Alex wanted to fix things he had to do it himself. I had put myself out there and apologized, but now it’s his turn to fix things. I had tried and I had truly wanted things to get better, but now I really wasn’t so sure.