Immortal Forever

Plotting Revenge

It went on like that all week. He would come over after school and we would fool around.
It was amazing and scary all at the same time.
I hadn't forgotten that he said it was his "job." I was just a favor he had to deal with. But hey we both took pleasure out of it.

I was at my locker when I saw Damen walking down the hall to walk me home when I heard Amber.
"Oh Damen! Wait up!" "Hello Amber. What do you need?" Always poliet.
She batted her eyelashes. "Well I wanted to invite you to a party I'm having at my house tonight. You'll come." Only she said it as a command.
He glanced at me. "Actually I don't know if I can. I had plans. With Rose."
"Well don't let her stop you." He just looks.
"Bring her with. Oh and um her friend uh uh...." "Raven," I say.
"Yeah her uh Raven." "We'll see. Bye um Amber." He acts like he struggles to remember her name.
"Bye Damen!"

I turn to Damen as I slam my locker and walk out the door towards the path I take to get home and say, "You can go I don't want to." "Well that isn't fair to Raven now is it," he says just as Raven oh so conveniently walks up. "What isn't fair to Raven?," she asks.

"Nothing."
"Now Rose that isn't true." As he turns to Raven I try to warn him.
"Damen."
"Amber invited us to a party at her house tonight."
She looks at me eyes full of mischief.
"That sounds like fun. Why don't you wanna go Rose? Is it because of Eddie?"
Damen looks at me as I say, "No." I hesitate, "It's because Amber only invited us to get in Damens pants."

"So?" Damen looks at me. Eyes full of question and wonder. I hear him thinking Oh Rozzzaa.
"So it's disgusting." "Please." she looks at me with a big puppy dog face. Pathetic. I just look.
"It's your chance to get back at Eddie. Flirt with a few guys." She pleads. "Okay." "Great! I'll call you okay? Bye!"

As were walking along we don't speak aloud but in our minds. Privately.
Who's Eddie?
It's not important.
Please. Rose. Roza.
My ex-boyfriend.
What did he do?
Amber.
Oh. Oh.
Yeah.
So that's why...
Yes.
I'm not going near her. I like you.

By now I'm near tears.
I thought I was just a job.
Oh Rose. You really think I don't care? You've seen into my mind. How could you think that?
I thought you were just taking pleasure because...because it was...I don't know, convenient.
Rose it felt good yes. Amazing really, but I only did this things because I care. Your father would kill me if I didn't care.
I thought coming to change me was paying your debt for your change.
Well yes. It is. But he offered me other jobs. I volunteered for this one. He didn't offer it to me. He was going to have a hunter come get you and change you. Painfully.
Oh.

We walk in silence for a while.
Do you believe me?
I think. I search his mind and as much as I would like to doubt, his intentions are pure. He kissed me and held me because he cares. More than he knows he should, for a job, for his debt. But that's something he is planning to discuss with my father, and the council. I'm shocked to discover.
I block my thoughts. He doesn't know I can get in that far. The council.
"Yes," I say aloud as we arrive at my house.

Today we don't head upstairs. Instead we actually do our homework. We've been falling behind. Even for kids you can touch a book and know every word in it. The whole story.

***

We walk into Amber's with everyone staring. At Damen of course. And the fact that he's with weirdo Rose. From the other side of the trail. Literally.

Pretty soon it's like old times. When Amber and I were best friends and Raven was our sidekick. Back when I was with Eddie.
Amber, Stacia, Cloe, Raven, and I all in one big group. Dancing, drinking. Having the time of our lives. Except Stacia is the new Rose, the best friend. Cloe the new Raven, the girl who's there when Stacy can't make it or when Amber's sick.

I feel arms around my waist. I'm happy. Damen. But when I turn around to lean in it's not Damen, but Eddie. Smiling his charming smile. Sucking me in to his world of lies. It was suppose to be my night of revenge.
Where he slept with Amber and... "Rose." he whispers. "Come with me." I go. I'm drunk. I'll use that as my excuse later. Like my mom does. Every night since my dad left.

We go outback.

He holds me. Like it use to be. We kiss. He moans. He tells me he wants me. I know it's a lie. He wants Amber. He wants Stacia. He want Cloe. He wants Raven. But I start to give in anyway.
He slides off his shirt, my shirt. Swiftly. I barely feel it.

His lips. His "I want you, I need yous."
As I think he's getting up to get his pants and mine he falls back with a oofhmph

"Get off her you asshole."
♠ ♠ ♠
It's to late to write anymore. Sorry for errors I typed it on my iPod.