Immortal Forever

Long Time No See

My dad hugged me.
That's something I hadn't been expecting.

Damon just stood behind me. Solid as stone. Still as a statue until he spoke, "Sir."
"Damon. I expect you're doing your duties."
"Of course. Although we've just discovered that her friend Raven is a lost witch. We've done right I hope, by telling her. They would only come after her as bait to get Rose otherwise."

"Of course. Thank you for informing me. We'll take her into protection as soon as Rose is out of here."
I interrupt, "How? From her family?"
"She'll be awarded a scholarship to a school. Just as you will." "Ohhh."

He takes a moment to look at me. Glancing at my neck.

"So almost a Vampire." "Vampire Immortal. I'm different. What about my brother and sister, dad? The two you just don't talk about.
"I talked to your mother. She'll stay here with them with your Aunt. They aren't showing any signs of being Immortal. Not like you did."
"Well I wouldn't know now would I? You hid it from me. Then when you left, my whole world just fell apart."

I back into Damon and he puts his hand on my shoulder to squeeze it for reassurance.
"Do I want to ask what has been going on here besides the Change Damon?

Just then Vesper walks in with Raven.
"Knock, knock." he says.
"Vesper. Ahh Raven long time no see!"
"Sir, I want to say right now that I do not love your daughter. Nor do I feel I can marry her. It would be unfair."
"Excuse me?!"

"Dad, please just listen. I can see that Vesper and Raven belong together. Vesper doesn't love me. I don't love Vesper."

"What did you say?" Damon asks.
"...I don't love Vesper..."

"No that you can see? You can see what?" Damon says as he grabs my shoulders.
"Their auras. They glow around each other. They kinda mush together."
"You're a soul mate seeker." he says looking into my eyes in disbelief.
"A what?" I ask a look of confusion on my face.

My dad interrupts as Damon walks into the kitchen, "It's an Immortal who can see if people belong together. Whether they're friends or lovers."
"It's really rare." Vesper says.

"Especially for a half Immortal. Immortals a species. Like a Vampire, Witch, or Werewolf. They're made by either a psychic and human, two made vampires, or a vampire and a human. All are frowned upon in our world darling," my father says.

"Oh." I say.

Damon sat on the bar stool as my dad looked back and forth between us. I looked up to catch my fathers eyes. I quickly looked away toward the kitchen. Damon held his head in his hands.

"Look Rose I want you happy. You're my daughter. Marry who you choose." my father says looking defeated and saddened. "I'm going to head to bed."

"You're staying here?" "Yes. You're mother is at her boyfriends." "Oh. Well I'm going to stay with Raven tonight. We have some things to discuss."
"Yes we do!" she says.

Vesper, Raven, and Damon follow me to my room.

"I can't stay here tonight guys. Not with him. I still can't forgive him."
"Well you can stay with me." Raven says.

"No. Rose will stay with me tonight. It's safer and we have a few things to talk about."
"He's right Raven. Plus, it's still early. I want us to have a night out. Tomorrow's Saturday and a umm full moon." "Oh. What happens then?"

"He has to stay in the woods. He'll attack. He's made to attack, well Immortals."
"What?!" Raven and I say at the same time.

"I have better control over it because I'm half Vampire. I won't hurt you Rose. I never have before. I use to be out there every night until Damon started staying here at night."

"How did you know I was here all night? I was sending you messages that I had headed home."
"You guys can be um real loud...when you bite and uh stuff."

"Oh!" I look away embarrassed.

"When I knew you were asleep I left. I swear. I couldn't leave if I thought he was leaving."

"Vesper, Raven just go. I'll take Rose to my place."

"The place I've never been?"
"Yep. The place you've never been."
♠ ♠ ♠
I haven't updated this in forever. Comment? Subscribe? Thank you(: