Status: FINISHED! WAHAA!

In love... with my best friend's boyfriend?

Like a stray dog

"What the hell? Are you delirious or something? You've just woken up from a coma that you weren't supposed to ever wake up from! Why do you care so much for me? Look where it's got you!" I screamed at Flint.
His face fell.
When I had realized what I had said, and how much that had probably hurt him, I got up, and walked out.
"Storm! Come back!" I could hear him shouting at me. I knew that he couldn't give chase, as there were wires all over him.
I dialed Kelsey's number.
"Storm! What's happened?" Kelsey asked.
I sighed.
"Flint's woken up-"
She screamed with glee.
"I'm so happy for you!"
"But he's just proposed to me!" I interrupted her.
She squealed again.
"Don't you get it? I messed it up! I shouted at him! I ruined everything!" I snapped.
There was silence for half a minute.
Then she hung up.
I didn't go home. Home wasn't the right place to be now.
Instead, I went to the park.
I hadn't been there for years, not since that fateful day when I had realized that Flint had cut himself.
Sitting on the swing, I broke down completely.
I had just lost the best thing that I had ever had, and it was my fault.

2 weeks later

There was a knock on my door.
When I opened it, I saw Flint standing there with a bouquet full of roses.
I had forgotten that Flint was living here as well.
"Flint? Why-"
He placed his finger on my lips.
"I'm sorry that I sprung it on you so quickly... Forgive me?" He bowed his head.
I smiled.
"Sure. Now get inside, it's freezing out there!"
He scampered inside.
"Wait, what day is it?" He questioned.
Then I realized. I looked at the calender hoping that it wasn't the day I thought it was.
The next day was circled as the 25Th of December.
"Shit! I haven't bought any presents!" I exclaimed.
Flint grinned.
"Christmas Eve, I'm guessing?"
I nodded.
"Right, come on, we're going out to town!" I shouted as I dragged him back out of the door.
He threw the flowers inside the house and we were off.
"Storm?"
I turned around.
"What?"
"You can let go now? Or, you know... Carry on..." He babbled.
I laughed and let him go.
"Sorry about that..."
He chuckled.
"No worries, I think you're really cute when you're in a rush!" He admitted.
Blushing, I turned and walked up to a jewelry shop.
"Why are we going in here?"
"You need to pick out a ring!" I responded.
The biggest grin I had seen in my whole life grew on his face that second.
"So... You will?"
I put my finger on his lip again.
"Yeah... I guess I will!"
For a brief second after that I didn't know what was happening, and then I realized that he was kissing me.
I closed my eyes and savored the moment.

The next day

Waking up, I remembered that I hadn't bought any presents while I was out in town which was why I went there in the first place.
"Shit!" I shouted.
Hearing a bunch of laughs coming from downstairs, I got up and dressed as quickly as I could.
I crept down the stairs with a stool in my hands. I couldn't find anything else that I could use for self defense.
I walked into the living room. The lights were off. Nobody was there.
"Hello?" I asked as I held the stool up.
Suddenly the lights flickered on, and a group of faces jumped out at me.
At first I screamed, until I found out who the faces were- Kelsey, Flint, John, Nicholas, Leo, and Cole.
"Why are you lot here?"
"It's Christmas, duh!" Cole shouted.
After we all talked about random stuff, like cheese and fridges, Flint tapped a glass with a fork and stood on the coffee table.
We all turned to him.
"Listen up, everyone, Storm and I have an announcement to make!"
"What is it now?" John moaned.
Flint lifted me up onto the table.
"We're getting married!"
♠ ♠ ♠
Hooray!
Every thing's happy again!
Thanks to everyone who suggested something for me to use in this chapter!
For those who didn't get their idea written down, I'll probably use it in the next chapter or two.
Comments are appreciated!