Status: Active

Titanic

Chapter Four

David's POV

“Do you love him?” I asked Jess as we walked along the top deck of the ship in the sun.

“Excuse me? You’re being very rude.”

“Do you love the guy or not?”

“I’m not going to answer that, I’m leaving,” she stated as she started walking off but she stopped and turned around looking at me, “hang on this is my side of the ship, you leave.”

“Now who’s being rude?” I replied.

She shook her head and scowled “What is this stupid thing you carry around?” She snatched my sketchbook and started flicking through the pages as she down on a sun lounger.

“These are very good, who is this?” She asked as she stopped at a woman who had a lot of jewellery and a beer in her hand.

“That’s my mom, she used to go into a bar every night hoping a man would come in her life and one day be my step-dad. She just wanted to be loved.”

She smiled slightly as she turned the page coming across the picture I drew of the man and little girl “This is amazing.” She ran her fingers gently over the sketch.

“They were stood next to me and my friends…I was sketching them when I saw you on the deck above.”

She laughed as she turned the page seeing a naked woman “Oh wow…” She turned the book around slightly, “And who is this?”

“My ex girlfriend…she let me sketch her then she found out I was actually poor so she left.”

She looked up at me “What? That’s terrible.”

I nodded “Yeah…it was. I loved her then she just left after finding out I didn’t have any money.”

She sighed then shut the book “You travel a lot? I saw a picture of the Eiffel Tower and another of a coliseum in Italy.”

I nodded “Yeah I did…maybe we could travel together one day?”

“What?” She laughed.

“You heard me.”

“I know but that’s ridiculous. I can’t.”

“I’ll teach you how to ride a horse…and none of that girl stuff.”

“You mean one leg on each side?”

I nodded “Not sat with your legs to one side…I’ll teach you how to ride properly.”

“Why?”

I shrugged “Because you really need to get to know the real world and not just being stuck with your first class mother and fiancé.”

She sighed as I grabbed her hand pulling her towards the edge of the ship “Look down…”

She looked over the edge smiling as she saw some dolphins “They’re so beautiful.”

“I know they are…but how about you take me up on that offer?”

“What offer?”

“Travelling with me one day?”

She looked at me, her brown wavy hair going down her back in small waves “Maybe.”

I nodded “Fair enough.” I didn’t notice anybody standing behind us until Jess turned around and to face some very posh women.

“Mother.” She stated like she was shocked.

“Jessica…Pierre said he’d meet in our room to get ready for dinner.”

She nodded “Yes mother.” With that said she looked at me and walked away with two of the women but one of them stayed behind.

“You’re not planning on going to dinner like that are you?” She said but I wasn’t paying attention, “Hey! Sunny boy!”

“Huh?” I replied looking at her.

“You’re not going to dinner like that are you?”

I looked down at myself “I have no other clothes.”

“Well it’s a good thing you look just about the same size as my husband then.”

“You’re offering me clothes to wear?”

She nodded “Yes I am…I am not like a normal posh person. I do not judge people on their looks or lack of money, just their personality.”

I smiled “Thank you mam.”

“Come this way.” She grinned as she took my arm and led me away to what seemed to be her own room which her and her husband shared with their kids. I liked this woman already.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for not updating in forever! but it's here now :)