Status: Please Send In Your Submissions! Keep The Faith.....

James Owen Sullivan, You Will Be Missed

Dear Reverend,

Dear Reverend,

You inspired me to be who I am, to not let anyone try to change me. You inspired me to be a drummer, and to live life to its fullest. I've cried tears for you today, though I haven’t met you, and I’ve tried to tell myself, this did not happen. But, unfortunately, it did.
You are one of a kind, and a great man. The best drummer of our time, and the funniest person I've ever seen. You can put a smile on anyone's face, and it’s sad to know you're gone.
No one will deny the fact that you were are admired by so many people. No one can deny you were are an inspiration to so many. No one can doubt that you loved your friends, family and fans.
When I woke up this morning and saw the email about you…I broke down. I kept saying to myself, no no no! this couldn’t have happened, my hero…he can't be dead. I looked everywhere, the website, Google, and everywhere it said the same thing. I tried pinching myself to say it was a nightmare…but it didn't work. It wasn’t a nightmare, it was real…my hero was really gone.
You didn't deserve to die so young! 28 is hardly fair, you didn't get to experience everything that you should have been able to. Though, you did put a tarantula on your face for us, though you hate spiders.
Though you would probably want us all to move on as if nothing happened, your death has impacted so many lives, and nothing will be the same. Avenged Sevenfold will never be the same.
We, the fans, will not be the same without you. I know I’m putting away my drums for a while, because without my hero there, for me to one day show him what he’s taught me, I feel as if drumming has lost a little light. But, I know that soon I will come back to it, and drum my heart out, just for you, and I can only hope that wherever you are, you know how much you’ve changed everyone's lives.
One of my dreams was to meet you, and ask you questions about drumming, get advice from my hero…every teenagers dream. I wanted the chance to tell you what an impact you had on my life, you're one of my biggest inspirations, and it isn’t fair that you had to die…
When we’re all dead, you better have a party planned for everyone, Jimmy, 'cus wherever you are at, I hope you're having a heck of a time, you deserve it.

You're an amazing man, and we will never forget you.
Rest In Peace, or rock out wherever you are,
Adrianna.

P.S. In your memory I’ve written three poems.

A Cruel death:
A death so fresh and new,
At first nobody had the slightest clue.
All were shocked at the news,
All hugging in pairs of twos,
What is anyone to do?
A hero in many eyes,
Now a death causing so many cries.
Our drummer that brought out a light,
One that shined so bright,
Now lay with forever closed eyes,
And the fans that love him so dear,
Sit in a room filled with sobs and sighs.
With the end of a terrible year,
Fate brought the death of one truly loved,
And a whole new set of tears.

Our Beloved Hero:
He was our hero,
One that can be replaced by none.
No matter what, he
Could make anything become quite fun.
Now that we know the news,
Its still hard to believe.
How could a man so full of joy,
Be a part of deaths evil ploy?
He is the inspiration to many,
And to many he inspired.
To all that knew, or knew of, him,
We still sit in our rooms, and we remember,
We remember the joy he brought our hearts,
And the way he played.
Why couldn’t Death let him stay,
And continue bringing joy to the lives of many?
He was so young,
But yet, no more jokes will roll from his tongue.
He gave hope to so many,
And I doubt they haven't a tear in their eye.
His family, his friend, and his fans,
They will miss him so.
And with that,
This poems comes to its close.
Goodbye our dear drummer,
We’ll miss how you could make our hearts flutter.

And finally,

There’s No Changing It:
He was our hero, But now he’s gone.
There’s no changing it.
He won't be able to play one last song.
There’s no changing it.
We’ll never meet the man that inspired us all.
There’s no changing it.
In the end, death won the brawl.
There’s no changing it.
He was taken from many, never to see him again.
There’s no changing it.
Died, just before the beginning of 2010.
There’s no changing it.
We’ll love him, this is true.
There’s no changing it.
I can only hope he knew.

I hope you're happy wherever you may be.
♠ ♠ ♠
amazing, and beautiful. Like all of you!
keep the entries and the faith going,.

The poems were very sweet and very touching. So many differant emotions!