Status: Please Send In Your Submissions! Keep The Faith.....

James Owen Sullivan, You Will Be Missed

My Letter To Jimmy

Dear Jimmy,

After receiving the devastating 10pm phone call from my aunt--who was also a huge fan of a7x and if it wasnt for her, i would've never had the privilege of witnessing you and the rest of a7x live in concert 3 times, on the night of Monday, December 28th. My mind couldn't register the horrible news of your passing. I jumped out of my bed and logged onto the internet and searched for any evidence proving this news to be true or false and sadly i came across an article on LA Weekly stating that you were found dead @ your home earlier that day. I felt the tears coming to my eyes and I was in denial and couldn't believe what I was reading. I then checked A7X's sites and I still could not believe this was true. I couldn't believe the world's greatest drummer was taken away from this earth suddenly and at such a young age. I thought it was a terrible nightmare that i couldn't wake up from or just a joke and I was wating for you to say "gotcha! I'm still alive!" in a bulletin post or something, but sadly it was a harsh reality.

I never would've thought that the untimely death of a person I did not know personally would have such a great effect on me, but I was wrong Jimmy. Your sudden death has shaken me and I can't believe you're not physically with us anymore. I cried my eyes out on the night of your death and it continued on until the next day. Every time I listen to your music, I can't help but get teary-eyed. I watched All Excess, the making of the album dvd, as well as Live in the LBC last night and cried. I watched all your music videos and cried, but the ones that got to me the most and made me break down were Seize the Day and Dear God. Avenged Sevenfold will never be the same without you even if they do manage to get another drummer to take your place. No matter what, that new drummer or anyone else will never be as talented and awesome at banging those skins as you were.

You're in a better place now Jimmy watching over us and you'll always be in the hearts of your family, friends, and fans. You have now claimed your own "little piece of heaven" in your "afterlife". We'll miss you like crazy Jimmy and will never forget you. We love you and will join you up there someday. <3

Rock In Peace Jimmy :')

"Loved ones back home all crying cuz they're already missing me...
...Oh Lord I'll try so hard, but you've gotta let go of me"
---from Afterlife (these lines made me cry and think of you Jimmy)

---Alyssa
Deathbats Forever <3
♠ ♠ ♠
we got reported again, but were still going strong!