Status: Please Send In Your Submissions! Keep The Faith.....

James Owen Sullivan, You Will Be Missed

My Letter To The Drum God.

Dear Jimmy,

I remember the first time I ever heard Avenged Sevenfold. I must have been about twelve or thirteen, and my brother was really into the music. I recall being terrified because it was so different from what I usually listened to, but I couldn't help but awe over your talent in the "Bat Country" music video.

As I got older and my music taste grew, I found Avenged again and once more watched in awe at your skills. My favourite song of all time would have to be "A Little Piece of Heaven", because it had everything in there that showed the kind of genius you were. I loved how you laughed like a maniac in it, how you sang and played the drums. I can honestly say I've never seen a man with such talent. The music stunned me, had me captivated, and I loved it. I loved how your music made me feel.

But most importantly, it was you that inspired me. You were the only one in the entire band that made me believe that I had something special. God knows you had so many special things about you that affected everyone around you. I loved what you did, and what you stood for.

My friend and I recently discovered that we both liked Avenged Sevenfold, and we had planned to go to one of your concerts when you came to our town. We talked almost every class about it, trying to figure out how we were going to get there, what kind of crazy things we were going to do, but most importantly, who our favourite band member was. It was unanimous, and without a doubt that you had captured both of our hearts. You seemed so funny and down to earth, and I was so pumped that I might be in the same room as you, that's how amazing you are to me.

When I heard of your death, I tried not to cry, but I couldn't help it. At first I thought it was silly, crying over someone I didn't know, but then I realized that I did know you. I knew you very well. You were the man that inspired me very much, that showed me that I had lots to offer the world, and that I shouldn't be afraid to show it. You did that simply through your music, and I can't thank you enough. I'm crying as I write this, because I've missed an opportunity to meet one of the greatest men in the history of music.

A spoon full of Jimmy helps the whole world go down. I love you Jimbo. Rest in peace.

Love, Theresa. xoxo
♠ ♠ ♠
whoo! day 2~