Status: Please Send In Your Submissions! Keep The Faith.....

James Owen Sullivan, You Will Be Missed

Another Letter,...

Dear Jimmy,

I’ve never met you, and you’ve never met me. Now, we never will. Cause you’re gone and there isn’t anything I can do about it.

I remember the first time I ever heard Avenged Sevenfold. I don’t remember the exact day, but I remember the moment. I had heard a lot of my friends talking about you guys at school. So, I decided to take a listen. I logged onto YouTube that day and instantly went to one of your videos. It was Little Piece of Heaven. As I listened, I remember thinking, ‘Wow, why haven’t I hear of them before?’. Everything was great, but one thing caught my attention the most. It was the drums. I had never heard someone play to drums so well in my life. I’ve admired you ever since.

The morning of December 29th, 2009 was one of the worse days on my life. I was in Richmond, visiting my sister. We were getting ready to leave for a girls day out at the Short Pump mall. I turned on my phone as my sister was getting ready only to see I had a new text message. I opened it; it was from one of my best friends, who is also a good fan of yours. It read, “FWD: r.i.p. james sullivan. You will be missed.’

My heart dropped at that instant. My mother asked me if I wanted her to hold me money, I remember yelling at her, rambling things. I was confused; I didn’t want to believe it. I ignored my mother’s scolding and ran for the computer that was in the dining room.

I turned on the computer. My first instinct was to Google it. So, I did. I hopes were crushed when I typed in your name and on the search popped up the word death. I was frantic. I went to Mibba, hoping that there would be some sign that it wasn’t true. But, as I did, I saw all the journal’s dedicated to you. I thought I was going to cry, but I didn’t. I didn’t want to ruin everyone else’s day.

I still haven’t cried. I don’t like doing it around people. So, I most likely will when no one is around me.

It’s been three days, and I still can’t believe you’re gone. I hope that I’ll wake up one day and find out that all of this is a joke. I can only imagine what Matt, Brian, Zacky, and Johnny are thinking right now. I know you guys are really close; it’s probably breaking their hearts in two.

But, I don’t think anyone is hurting worse than Leana. My heart goes out to her. I hope you’re there beside her, as she mourns on your death.

We love you Jimmy, everyone loves you. But, you’re blazing with the angels baby, and even if you try as hard as we can, we will never get you back.

Rest in peace, Jimmy.

-Alex

P.S. I named my iPod after you.
♠ ♠ ♠
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!