Status: Please Send In Your Submissions! Keep The Faith.....

James Owen Sullivan, You Will Be Missed

Chapter 137

Dear Jimmy,
the following words will never truly describe how I feel towards you.They just barely crack the surface.But here goes nothing...I guess I'll start with how I got into Avenged Sevenfold.

It was the summer before my freshmen year in high school.I was 14 and me and my best friend at the time were huge into punk,the look,the music everything.We had finally found a place where our crazyiness and uniquness fit in..And that's how we discovered Avenged..It was an instant obsession and love that took us beyond this world.Everything about you & the boys was just perfect.And we would have died for any 5 of you in a heart beat..From your music to your lyrics,your personalities even your looks.It was an addiction that I still have to this day.I'm shamed to say though,that the first couple months I got into Avenged,you were not my favorite,though I loved all of you guys dearly..It was Syn who was my favorite.. But my best friend and I would fight (in a playful way)over who got him.And I just gave up because even though Syn is an amazing individual,I realized he was no longer my favorite...You were..Everything about you captured me.....You're heart.. Your soul..Those beautiful blue eyes..The fact that you were some kind of god on the drums. And I wondered how one person could be so fucking perfect yet still be a human being...Then it all came crashing down...And I'll never forget the day it did...My sister and I are very close to our grandparents,and on the day of our weekly visit,I hopped onto facebook only to get some disturbing news...At first swore I had misread the notice..Thinking it said that your brother had died.But..wait.To my knowledge you didn't have a brother..When I went back and re-read everything,my heart nearly stopped..I couldn't breathe..I just sat there not really believeing what I was reading..Now my grandparents are the best people in the world and they have done so much for me and my sister.But at the time they were very strict and proper.So if I started balling over some musician,I would have been in worlds of trouble.. Just to make sure I had read it correctly,I had my sister come in and read it to me..And when my sisters' face fell,that told me that unfortunatly.I was right...Damnit I wish I wasn't.You were gone.. And you weren't coming back..I waited till I got home that night, to cry..and cry..

I just couldn't believe it..Now granted,I will never feel as bad as those who loved and knew you persoanly,but you were my hero..It felt like someone stomped a hole in my heart..And that was the start of my downward spiral..I became a terrible human being..Not just because of your death,but it tied into everything..I was rude and hateful to those I loved the most.I gave a big 'fuck you' to everthing and everyone I came in contact with...I even stopped listening to Avenged Sevenfold. ...

About a year or two ago,I woke up one morning realizing what kind of person I had become..A monster so to speak..I wasn't the worst person in the world, but I sure as hell was no angel.. Then I thought of you..And how if you knew me,you would hate the person I was..That thought alone made me sick to my stomache..That's when I knew it was it was time to change..FO THE BETTER!I owe everything to you.It was your inspiration and Avenged Sevenfold's music that has kept me alive and going to this day.Words will never describe the love I have for you and the boys..And while I have a long ways to go still,I am who I am today because of you.I love you Jimmy..You are my hero,my muse and my guardian angel.I hope I never let you down...Rest in Peace brother,your light will foREVer shine on...And you have my word that I will teach future generations about you.

Yours sincerly,
Morgan <3