Status: Please Send In Your Submissions! Keep The Faith.....

James Owen Sullivan, You Will Be Missed

A Letter From A Non Fan (Vey Touching)

Dear Jimmy,

You know, I never was a fan. Sure, I knew who you guys were. You played that one song on Rock Band 2...Almost Easy, right? It doesn't matter.

What does matter is the impact you had on people's lives. I can see it in the letters people are writing, and the articles and the out pour of love and comments. It's amazing. You were only here for 28 years, I believe, and you touched and saved so many people. It's something I can only dream about doing.

These next few days are going to be hard for fans, I can tell. As reports surface and details are uncovered, I can only imagine how many teens across the country - hell, even the world - will be glued to their TVs and computers, just waiting to find out why someone they loved so much was suddenly taken from them.

I know what it's like to feel that way, that it wasn't fair that someone I loved and looked up to was taken away. I've had several loved ones pass away in the last few years, but I don't think I'll ever understand what your millions of fans, band members, family and friends are going through. I hope I never have to. But death is the one thing that's always certain, and I've learned to accept it.

It seems that a lot of celebrities have been taken from us this year, doesn't it? It makes me upset that you had to join that list. And only a few days after Christmas! It's unbelievable.

As I've said before, I'm not a fan. Not at all. But when I stumbled across this little thing on Mibba and saw how fast the collection of letters was expanding, I thought, "Damn. This guy must've been something special."

It's always made me upset when someone dies, especially someone as young as yourself. I can see from these letters that you had a lot to live for. I found this quote, and I think it fits perfectly. It goes:

"At one point, we all see our lives flash before our eyes. Make yours worth watching."

And from all the amazing things I've heard about you, I can tell that yours was.

I heard that by burning a letter you wrote to a someone who has passed away, they get it where ever they are in the afterlife. I doubt these letters will be burned, but I know you'll get them. It's hard to explain, but I can just feel it.

My heart resides with all of your fans, friends and family as they struggle through this extremely difficult time.

Have a very happy and blissful afterlife Jimmy, and here's to hoping you'll be spending it in Heaven.
♠ ♠ ♠
even from a non fan, wow.